The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
Fast68C30

C-50 pedals assembly

ok i made a comparison on the clutch pedals assembly i pulled from the 69 C50 truck and from what can tell the only real difference is the depth of the cut out area for the steering column tube.
the C30 and under ones are alot deeper cut in alot further om prder tp raise the column up further and into the dash metal more. i have column mounting parts from a 72 here.
and the cowl mounting bolt brace piece off the top of the assembly is missing in C40 up trucks. i can make one of those easily out of steel stock.
and the bolt clamped on steel link for the firewall primary clutch push rod is on backwards reversed. because C40 and up are pull direction up and not push down into the Zbar pivot. and i never even realized this before! haha!

so why cant i just cut out the area for the column deepr and reverse the clutch rod link on the clutch pedal cross shaft end and use it in a C/K cab? i cant see why not! probably need shorter MC pushrod. for manual brakes disc/drum where do i find one of those? i guess i could just cut this one down.
Attached Images