The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
1lo94

1986 swb bagged and bodied build thread

Well I have been a member on here for quit sometime, I don't post much just read and get info. I have been in search of a good clean truck to build for a long time, it's been my dream to build a square body short bed to drive and show. I finally came across a 1 owner, Texas truck. It is a red 1986 Silverado all power options and 100% original truck. It came with a 305 and turbo 350, I got the truck not running but with a few hours of work I got it to start. My plan was to start out with a 4/6 drop and some billets....Well that spiraled out of control quickly and jumped straight to bagging and body dropping it. I have pics from along the way and way and will update as I go. The truck was very straight with a cool patina. The bed and hood were buffed and look real cool, we are gonna finish buffing it and re install all the chrome and trim after we get it rolling. I plan to paint it later but would like to enjoy it this year, as I sold my other toy/show car to build this. Well on to the pictures lol

1986 BUILD THREAD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=731446

Last edited by 1lo94; 02-27-2017 at 04:10 PM.
1lo94 is offline   Reply With Quote