The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #1
steelsoldiers

Question 2" body lift install

I'm putting on a 2" body lift tomorrow on my 1984 Blazer f/s. Any tips out there from people who have done it? I replaced my body bushings 3 years ago so they shouldn't be too seized on there. Thanks for any help.
Sincerely,
Chris

1984 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer w/ Caddy 500 big-block and a 1970 M35A2 2.5-ton 6x6 cargo truck w/ 478ci multi-fuel straight-six engine. Both in desert tan CARC paint from Operation Desert Storm.

steelsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 02:11 PM   #2
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

I haven't done it before but will in the future. This is what I've learned. Loosen all bolts but actually replace one side at a time. Use a 2 x 4 to spread the weight of the truck when you jack it up. Watch carefully as you lift for brake lines, wiring, etc., getting caught or tight when lifting the cab. Watch the steering shaft and many say to unbolt it as a precaution. Watch the radiator shroud as it will need to be lowered. Watch our tranny and transfer case linkage, clutch linkage.

I'm sure I am forgetting some little things but others can give you more thoughts.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 12:37 PM   #3
steelsoldiers

Exclamation Warning

Well, it was all pretty trouble free until I got to the rear. The instructions neglected to mention needing to disconnect the tailgate support springs on the Blazer tailgate. I couldn't figure out why the rear end wan't going up high enough to put the lift blocks in. Until, POP, the spring came loose and the body jumped up another half an inch. I disconnected the other side before putting the blocks in and it went much easier. So beware body lifting Blazer owners!
Sincerely,
Chris

1984 M1009 CUCV Military Blazer w/ Caddy 500 big-block and a 1970 M35A2 2.5-ton 6x6 cargo truck w/ 478ci multi-fuel straight-six engine. Both in desert tan CARC paint from Operation Desert Storm.

steelsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote