The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
Cautrell05

Have you seen these trucks?

Its a long shot but I figured this was the best place to try. This is the most active classic chevy board I have found. About 10 years ago I worked for a small chevy dealership in bloomfield nebraska under the name of Kersten auto. While I was there I got to build a couple of toys for the boss. The red one is a 1950 with a camaro stub and the green one is a 1957 on a 74 4wd frame. Someone else did all the paint and body work but I was incharge of the fabwork. In 2000 they dropped the GM dealership and cut the staff in the shop. I didnt make the list and had to go. I enjoyed building both of these trucks and would really like to know where they went to and see how they looked finished out. The red one was painted as you can see. The green one I was told ended up blue. Both of them went to larson motors in nebraska city down by omaha nebraska around 2000 or 2001. I had heard the 57 went out east somewhere. no idea where the 50 went. I talked to the people at larsons and they dont have the records anymore of who bought them.

I know Its a long shot but I figured both of these trucks stand out and with the internet maybe I would get lucky. If anybody has any info, photos or anything Please email me at o5racer@yahoo.com
Thanks Nick Cautrell.
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Cautrell05

Re: Have you seen these trucks?

Been a while and thought maybe some fresh eyes had seen something.

Nick
Old 06-09-2015, 05:52 PM   #3
Cautrell05

5 year bump for wishful thinking.

Nick
Old 02-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
Cautrell05

Been a few years. Thought I would try again.

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Old 02-05-2019, 05:15 AM   #5
mr48chev

Well I'll be the deal killer as you might have walked by either of those trucks and not recognized it because in the past 30 years they may have had a lot of changes.

I'd imagine that those "the only mag wheels with six lugs they had at the tire store" wheels on the AD are hopefully long gone. Those are what Non car guys stuck on their 4x4 trucks around here in that time frame in hopes of being one of the cool guys.

The TF might not have changed as much but 4x4 might mean that it didn't get much respect either. It may still be some guy in the area's Huntin rig.

Or either may be in the back of a garage unchanged after a year or two of cruising and then tucked away when the owner got a new toy or interest.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:45 AM   #6
bobinbc

Well I'm no internet wizard but I thought I would help your quest a bit if I could.

I posted a link to your story here on a bunch of Facebook groups for old Chevy trucks that I belong to. I figure that I exposed it to ~`100, 000 people give or take in about 5 minutes. Those folks will see it and share it, and so on. If a bunch more folks on here could do the same, I'm sure we could turn these trucks up in no time especially if there were some Nebraska folks that belong to FB groups and pages in that state and neighboring ones.. 20 years is not so bad, they may not have changed hardly if at all.

A little while ago I tracked down my old truck in just 3 days using the same method with no more info than you had and I hadn't seen it in almost 15 years. Good luck and hope a few others pitch in!
Attached Images

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Cana...geChevyTrucks/

Last edited by bobinbc; 02-06-2019 at 04:43 PM.
bobinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #7
Cautrell05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Well I'll be the deal killer as you might have walked by either of those trucks and not recognized it because in the past 30 years they may have had a lot of changes.

I'd imagine that those "the only mag wheels with six lugs they had at the tire store" wheels on the AD are hopefully long gone. Those are what Non car guys stuck on their 4x4 trucks around here in that time frame in hopes of being one of the cool guys.

The TF might not have changed as much but 4x4 might mean that it didn't get much respect either. It may still be some guy in the area's Huntin rig.

Or either may be in the back of a garage unchanged after a year or two of cruising and then tucked away when the owner got a new toy or interest.
There's no way I would have walked past them and missed them. Unless they stripped them down and completely changed everything would be the only way. I didn't title it "have your seen these wheels". Those are easy enough to change. The FIVE lug wheels on the AD are bolted to a Camaro stub. In person id know it instantly by looking at how it's attached. The main reason that I included the under hood picture is that would make it easier to tell apart from the rest of them. Between the booster, line routing and wiring.

All I know about the 57 is that it was painted blue and they drove it to the east coast. There's not that many lifted 57 panels that I have seen.

I know it's beyond a long shot. The red one was the first custom vehicle I ever built and would just like a little closure.

Nick

Old 02-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #8
Cautrell05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinbc View Post
Well I'm no internet wizard but I thought I would help your quest a bit if I could.

I posted a link to your story here on a bunch of Facebook groups for old Chevy trucks that I belong to. I figure that I exposed it to ~`100, 000 people give or take in about 5 minutes. Those folks will see it and share it, and so on. If a bunch more folks on here could do the same, I'm sure we could turn these trucks up in no time especially if there were some Nebraska folks that belong to FB groups and pages in that state and neighboring ones.. 20 years is not so bad, they may not have changed hardly if at all.

A little while ago I tracked down my old truck in just 3 days using the same method with no more info than you had and I hadn't seen it in almost 15 years. Good luck and hope a few others pitch in!
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. I posted it on a few Facebook pages also. Several guys have shared them to help spread the word.

Nick