The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Geno

Info On 1968 GMC Custom Camper Special

Two years ago I purchased a 1968 GMC Custom Camper Special. It's a 2500 3/4 ton longbed with a 6.7 396 V-8 and has power brakes,power steering,air conditioning and 3 gas tanks. I have been able to find nothing as far as how many of these rare trucks were made. There's alot of chevy info on the net,
but very little on this year of GMC trucks. I am looking for original specs info and how many were produced. The only info I've been able to establish is:
In 1968 Chevy celebrated their 50th year truck aniversary with a Custom Camper Special and GMC followed in the latter half of that year with would explain it's rarity and lack of information. I should be able to get my avitar picture up tommorow. Any feed back would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

UPDATE: Well, there she is boys... A 1968 GMC Custom Camper Special V-8 2500 3/4 ton 2WD longbed, and I don't know jack about it! I appreciate all the feedback. As you can see finding accurate and credible info on this babe is very difficult to say the least. Any more knowledge out there is welcome.

P.S Also I just measured the bed and it's 8ft. 3in.

Last edited by Geno; 04-03-2005 at 12:57 PM. Reason: avatar up
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote