The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #26
NW Task Force

Re: CPP Brake Conversion

Yes, I agree! I am looking at buying a new master cylinder with 1-1/8" piston and the matching disc/disc proportion valve. This one to be exact:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Disc-Ma...9S-6~u&vxp=mtr

What is the difference in advertising for 2-port vs 4-port? I assume 4 port has 2 outlets on each side of the master cylinder body?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:58 PM   #27
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Task Force View Post
Yes, I agree! I am looking at buying a new master cylinder with 1-1/8" piston and the matching disc/disc proportion valve. This one to be exact:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Disc-Ma...9S-6~u&vxp=mtr

What is the difference in advertising for 2-port vs 4-port? I assume 4 port has 2 outlets on each side of the master cylinder body?
yes, 4 port has outlets on both sides of the master, It will also have a slug that goes into the master cylinder piston rod bore to convert it from a manual master to a power brake booster and you may have to readjust your booster pin.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:42 PM   #28
NW Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
yes, 4 port has outlets on both sides of the master, It will also have a slug that goes into the master cylinder piston rod bore to convert it from a manual master to a power brake booster and you may have to readjust your booster pin.
I am interested in the standard OEM 2 port design. What is the purpose/application for a 4 port unit?
Old 09-16-2016, 11:11 PM   #29
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Task Force View Post
I am interested in the standard OEM 2 port design. What is the purpose/application for a 4 port unit?
Its purpose was so vendors didn't have to carry both left and right port master cylinders. Its purely an aftermarket master designed to cut down inventory. It comes with plugs in one side to block off what you don't use
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #30
NW Task Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
Its purpose was so vendors didn't have to carry both left and right port master cylinders. Its purely an aftermarket master designed to cut down inventory. It comes with plugs in one side to block off what you don't use
I see. Thanks for clarifying........ I was confused on what the purpose/difference was.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #31
yossarian19

FWIW, a 1 1/8" master cylinder is more than enough cylinder diameter for running big twin-piston front calipers + rear disc. I know this from having put a 1 1/8" master on a Jeep I had with the brakes I mention... pedal felt great but I did lose some brake performance, I think, vs the 1" master that was in there. Set up from the factory, my daily driver (with the same brakes as the old hot-rod jeep) uses a 1" bore.
yossarian19 is offline   Reply With Quote