The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
cor86

grill trim moulding question

Hi all. I still don't know what front end my truck is gonna get, but I am leaning towards the stock over/under quad lights with a billet grill and chrome bezels or a phantom grill. I cannot find an 89-91 in good shape for under $200 that is close enough to pick up, and I already bought and installed the euro H4 lights and clears in the 81-82 bumper. Sooo, smart money says to stick with what I have and get a grill, bezels, and new moulding, rather than give away what I already have and spend three times more than what I need to. Anyways, I am going to need new grill moulding, whether I go with a phantom or standard billet grill. I really like the 81-82 trim, as it is smooth, and $10 cheaper through LMC. Will it be a direct fit on my 86? I cannot find one truck in the local yards to compare mounting studs. It took me forever to find the 81-82 bumper and the whole clip was already gone from the truck. I tried searching this forum, and the other one, with different words, but have had no luck finding an answer. I just don't want to spend $60 on the kit and find out that I have to drill a bunch of holes, or worse. Sorry for the novel and thanks for any advice and answers.
cor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: grill trim moulding question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cor86 View Post
.... Anyways, I am going to need new grill moulding, whether I go with a phantom or standard billet grill. I really like the 81-82 trim, as it is smooth, and $10 cheaper through LMC. Will it be a direct fit on my 86? .....
Anyone?

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Sorry man, wish I could help. Maybe the guys at LMC could help? Have you tried calling them and talking to anyone? Hope you get it figured out.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
cor86

I tried asking them, but they are strictly a retail outfit and give no tech support. More than likely, I will just order it and do what needs to be done, if anything. I was just hoping someone else had gone this route, or the other way, and could give some insight.
cor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #5
dunnit

the base model crew cabs from 88-91 had a cheap 4 bulb setup like the 83-87 style....but with silver finish....seems like the moldings were made on to the grille. been awhile since i have saw any around. going to start looking for one myself. another "cheap" alternative to the flat 4 bulb deal....eurosport celebrety composites.
dunnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
rigon4

The grill trim molding has studs that can be slide to were you need them so i will say they will work.
rigon4 is offline   Reply With Quote