The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Slow Build

Ebay head scratcher

Looks like this guy is taking credit where it ain't due. In his ebay ad he talks about building trucks in his garage but that's Dinos63's in the first picture.

Kinda fishy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...item3f1ca441c1
Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Slow Build

Re: Ebay head scratcher

Here's part of the ad:

I have a very large 10K sq ft garage and have been doing restorations and custom mods to old and new cars alike for the last 25 years or so. Every car I do ends up being seen when I take them out to shows and they always sell. With that said I am sure people would rather have their show toy done they way they want it vs how I think it should be done. I am very detail oriented and am a master mechanic, welder, sheet metal fabricator and custom fiberglass finish person who takes pride in doing every modification you can think of to a car boat or motorcycle! I do every aspect of full restorations including engine transmission and differential builds, electrical and wiring harness fabrications, paint and powdercoating gelcoat finishing. With that said I am not a bondo bandit and do not do filler except when someone just doesn't want to pay for the job to be done right. I do fabricate panels, frames, and just about any other part that cannot be found when required. Cusom Fabrications with no models can be more expensive than reproduction parts though! With this info out of the way here is what I have to offer!

This is a rare and all original Chevy C20 Stepside Pick-Up.

I will start the bidding at 4K. That includes the truck as it sits and help loading it. If you want to do a shade tree restoration maybe this isn't your project!

The truck currently runs pretty good but only has a partial floor pan.Wood floor is great! For 13K I will do all the work to restore the truck nicely inside and out! If you have a body manual I'll do it by the book! If not I must use my descretion and we'll discuss anything that is questionable. I will also do any and all rebuild work on this vehicle for the above mentioned money. If you prefer modifications I will do any mod work within reason but run your ideas past me to insure the 13K will cover it all. Any and all machine shop work and parts required will be in addition to the 13K labor... I do not rechrome parts. I can paint them or send them out to a chrome shop to be done at cost. You are also responsible for shipping and delivery costs. With the level of work I do you can expect this project to take up to 6 months to complete. If you delay funds required it may take longer to complete.

Truck came equipt with 250 inline 6 engine, 4sd standard transmission. If you like power this and power that I can install it all! Want AC I can do a Vintage Air System. Like custom Gauges? I can do a full Dakota Digital Package with all the bells and whistles. Like a Diesel Engine? I can install it with the proper transmission! Paint will be a single color base coat/ clear coat but I will do paint to your taste in two tones and such for a little extra... Again you buy the paint so what you spend is up to you for the paint. Tricoat paint is extra too!

You are bidding on the truck only for 4K and get all labor for the work you choose be it original or custom for 13K more! For some of you I may be working for $4 an hour! Use my tallent to make your ride yours!

NADA is close to 30K for this truck done right so you have plenty of room to work here!
Attached Images

Past GM Trucks:
1959 GMC short stepside
1968 GMC short stepside-4x4
1973 Chevy short stepside
1989 Chevy short fleetside-reg cab
1993 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab
2002 Chevy short fleetside-Xcab

Save the dinosaurs, use synthetic oil.
Slow Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
chevyrestoguy

Hmmm.....Does ad read really weird, or is it just me?

Lemme see......You're going to bid on and buy a truck that you can't even see a picture of, and then let a guy who is taking credit for everyone else's work finish it for an additional 13K? I don't like bagging on people I don't know, but the whole thing just seems really odd.

There's a bunch of guys on the site from the Dayton area. Maybe they know the guy?

As a footnote, my brother lives in Louisville, Kentucky and he told me that he saw Dino's 63 crew cab at the Beatersville show a few weeks ago. Maybe it was being driven by our mystery seller?

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #4
Bazooka
Keepin it old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post

Lemme see......You're going to bid on and buy a truck that you can't even see a picture of, and then let a guy who is taking credit for everyone else's work finish it for an additional 13K? I don't like bagging on people I don't know, but the whole thing just seems really odd.

There's a bunch of guys on the site from the Dayton area. Maybe they know the guy?

As a footnote, my brother lives in Louisville, Kentucky and he told me that he saw Dino's 63 crew cab at the Beatersville show a few weeks ago. Maybe it was being driven by our mystery seller?
I think the the red long stepside pictured is the one for sale
Bazooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestoguy View Post
seems pretty odd to me as well

Quote:
yeah, I know we have some members in that area...maybe someone will chime in

Quote:
last i saw/heard (which wasn't too long ago), a guy down in Louisiana had bought the Crew

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #6
j.kirn

Iasked and its the red 1 for sale he acts as if the other 1s are 1s they could look like or 1s he restored
j.kirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
rbar

Looks like he's selling the red one (with the all unoriginal step fenders) and using other peoples trucks to convince the buyer he built them.
2009 Pontiac G8 GXP 415hp/415tq 6speed
rbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
lucifer

Cool Re: Ebay head scratcher

This guy has all kinds of similar postings all over ebay.
My bet is SCAM!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

it is frustrating to see a listing like this, "all original" yet it has 67-72 fenders, or a whole 67-72 bed...
"numbers matching" there are no #'s that can match on our trucks, the only #'s that could match would be the cab vin, and frame vin.
unless you have the build sheet, you have no way of knowing how the truck was equipped.

"250 inline 6" ... well that shoots the "all original" in the foot again.. 250's wern't available until 66....

I hope he see's this thread on the message board, and asks some questions, so he can get a more accurate listing for the truck.

the pics of the crews have me baffled. there is not enough there to even start a crew project, and I would assume the 13k would just start covering the labor to modify the cab, much less restore the whole truck..
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
LEEVON

I see guys like this on Craigslist from time to time. They promise to finish the truck "just like you want it" with no real portfolio. The only thing weirder than this kind of transaction is the person that falls for it!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
chainsaw

I always hate when they show a pic of "what it could look like finished", then at the bottom a small pic of what you really get.
chainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
LT1 Burb

4k, are you kidding me, it would cost another 50K to turn it into a crew cab. I know if you donh't have anything nice to say......................
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
tincan1966

Well, not to chime in and bash someone, but if the one he's selling is his idea of "all original" I already question his expertise.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #14
FetchMeAPepsi

That whole thing screams scam to me. I went ahead and reported the listing for fraudulent selling practices.

If by chance his "numbers match" from his non-existent multi-year build sheet and he currently has in his garage Dino's truck and the others, I'll send him the 30 cents to relist.

XD
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
tincan1966

I emailed and ask for come pictures of the engine and more detail of the truck. he told me the ad was written "off the top of his head, from memory" Engine is now a 261- which is cool because at this rate its gaining cubic inches by the day- wait long enough, it'll be a 409! LOL

I also asked about original bed/fenders- he wants part numbers to verify they are not correct.

finally I complimented about the green crewcab-mentioned we knew the guy that built it, it's a cool truck.

All corespondences stopped after that.........
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
bigdlb12

note sure if you guys notice, when putting something for sale using you phone number as contact , never post your number as follow: EX only: 214-722-7777, these scammers use bots to send these e-mails, I am very interested in your item posted on CL, however I am moving out of town and would be more than happy to pay you extra for you to ship me the item, I will pay for blah blah blah, lol

instead post your number like so: two1four-7two2-seven7seven7, something like that

of course never ever send somene your info, if they want the product it is first come first serve
bigdlb12 is offline   Reply With Quote