The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
Swedchevy67

New wiring kit

Need help with my new wiring to replace the old one.
Bought this 22 circuit wiring kit 910-64022 from Speedway Motors.
I need to know if I can use the big old electric contact from the instrument
(picture) and pull the 11 small contact out and replace them with new cables?
I´m lost here.
Attached Images

Swedchevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
djeCST

Re: New wiring kit

Hi Swedchevy67,

It looks like your new harness has all the correct circuits for your dash cluster, so the answer is yes - you can replace the existing wires from the cluster connector with the new circuits from your harness. You will need to crimp on new terminal ends, but otherwise it's a pretty simple deal.

Good luck!
djeCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #3
Swedchevy67

[QUOTE=djeCST;8007702]Hi Swedchevy67,

It looks like your new harness has all the correct circuits for your dash cluster, so the answer is yes - you can replace the existing wires from the cluster connector with the new circuits from your harness. You will need to crimp on new terminal ends, but otherwise it's a pretty simple deal.

Good luck

You make my day!
Thank you👍
Old 08-04-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Not to rain on your day.But i've seen countless guys do this peace work to there truck and it never works out.To give you fair warring.Go into debt and buy the full on new harness for 1000.00.Trust me its a plug and play time.when your hooking it up.I've done 6 trucks and the customers i did it to.Barked at the price of 1950.00 350.00 for labor.I bought the harness all the light wiper and heater blower motor light bulbs relays gutters ground straps power block new starter new alternator.But later he had warrentys on starter and alt temp switch gas sending unit dome light regulator.yes most of them did not like the idea of spending that much.But when they got the truck back and every thing worked.Plus 2 of them wanted to upgrade to HEI 2 of them had AC so the price was a little higher for the ducting and valves and hoses and center AC leaver unit and harness for the AC and the 3 relays.

But all of them after they got there trucks back they saw a difference.One guy had a camper special with the extra battery and wanted every thing.it ended with me charging him 6500.00 with labor that parts and doing the job

I re did his cooling system with the better 4 core radiator the hose combo from the 1967-68that uses the straight out thermostat housing where you use the temp sending unit on the alum intake manifold He had a flex fan changed that to the factory 7 blade metal fan with the clutch used the small water pump used all the right brackets and pulleys.Used the better power steering bracket that came out on the 1971-72 he did not have PS Now he dose.He has a new carb Edalbrock he bought the intake and carb and HEI.When i was done He did not have cooling issues at all He bought a brand new AC fiber glass unit with all the peaces.I hooked it up and plumed it.he used the 134 AC freon He had roof lights could not find the factory one so i used the Napa long chrome ones found on the 1964--72 3 ton bob tails.

I know 7-8000 seem to be a lot back in 2005.But he still has the truck and every thing still works.

But if you want to do the wiring right Use M&H factory re pop new harness and don't be cheap about the parts you connect it to Use new stuff.It will give you years or enjoyment.Invest a lot now don't have to do it lator
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #5
djeCST

If I understood the original post correctly, Swedchevy67 purchased a wiring kit from Speedway, so it looks like all new.
djeCST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
Swedchevy67

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
Not to rain on your day.But i've seen countless guys do this peace work to there truck and it never works out.To give you fair warring.Go into debt and buy the full on new harness for 1000.00.Trust me its a plug and play time.when your hooking it up.I've done 6 trucks and the customers i did it to.Barked at the price of 1950.00 350.00 for labor.I bought the harness all the light wiper and heater blower motor light bulbs relays gutters ground straps power block new starter new alternator.But later he had warrentys on starter and alt temp switch gas sending unit dome light regulator.yes most of them did not like the idea of spending that much.But when they got the truck back and every thing worked.Plus 2 of them wanted to upgrade to HEI 2 of them had AC so the price was a little higher for the ducting and valves and hoses and center AC leaver unit and harness for the AC and the 3 relays.

But all of them after they got there trucks back they saw a difference.One guy had a camper special with the extra battery and wanted every thing.it ended with me charging him 6500.00 with labor that parts and doing the job

I re did his cooling system with the better 4 core radiator the hose combo from the 1967-68that uses the straight out thermostat housing where you use the temp sending unit on the alum intake manifold He had a flex fan changed that to the factory 7 blade metal fan with the clutch used the small water pump used all the right brackets and pulleys.Used the better power steering bracket that came out on the 1971-72 he did not have PS Now he dose.He has a new carb Edalbrock he bought the intake and carb and HEI.When i was done He did not have cooling issues at all He bought a brand new AC fiber glass unit with all the peaces.I hooked it up and plumed it.he used the 134 AC freon He had roof lights could not find the factory one so i used the Napa long chrome ones found on the 1964--72 3 ton bob tails.

I know 7-8000 seem to be a lot back in 2005.But he still has the truck and every thing still works.

But if you want to do the wiring right Use M&H factory re pop new harness and don't be cheap about the parts you connect it to Use new stuff.It will give you years or enjoyment.Invest a lot now don't have to do it lator
I follow your suggestions in some way and ordered:
"Classic Auto Fuse Series w/ 11-way Connector Kit All w/ Male & Female Connectors & Terminals, Chevy/ GMC Truck"

In the future I need to use the parts from Speedway Motors, I can't afford
spending that money like you suggested. (I thank you for your concern)
but I have to solved it anyway (with some help from my friends.
Much appreciated.