The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 PM   #1
91OBSChevy

Aftermarket Bucket Seats in 88-98 chevy truck

Ok, so I have a 91 Chevy c1500 regular cab and want to put bucket seats in it but I was thinking about aftermarket seats, just wanted to know if any of you guys have installed aftermarket bucket seats in your 2dr trucks and what brand, if their comfortable or not and how much work went into making brackets for the seats. Any help is appreciated.
91OBSChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #2
Mr_Rich

Re: Aftermarket Bucket Seats in 88-98 chevy truck

I removed the 60/40 bench seat (no headrests) in my '89 K1500 EC. Now not everyone would want to do this, but I installed Recaro seats in mine. I had individual seat bases that I bought from the same company that sold the seats. The bases were for a three door and the pass. seat base didn't fit like I would like. I went back to the company and bought a seat base that would fit a reg cab truck and I like it much better. It's solid and the Recaro seat tracks are very adjustable front to back. Those seats have amazing support for my back when I need it and I've put a lot of miles on my truck since I installed them. Sadly, the company where I bought the seats went out of business. Recaro seats at a GM dealer are 3 to 4X what I paid for what was still an expensive set of seats.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #3
91OBSChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rich View Post
I removed the 60/40 bench seat (no headrests) in my '89 K1500 EC. Now not everyone would want to do this, but I installed Recaro seats in mine. I had individual seat bases that I bought from the same company that sold the seats. The bases were for a three door and the pass. seat base didn't fit like I would like. I went back to the company and bought a seat base that would fit a reg cab truck and I like it much better. It's solid and the Recaro seat tracks are very adjustable front to back. Those seats have amazing support for my back when I need it and I've put a lot of miles on my truck since I installed them. Sadly, the company where I bought the seats went out of business. Recaro seats at a GM dealer are 3 to 4X what I paid for what was still an expensive set of seats.
I looked some up and I ended up finding the sparco r100, which for my taste, look pretty good and are affordable for me but I don't know what to do about the seat bases, since obviously they don't have anything for our trucks.
91OBSChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #4
TennesseeZ
Countdown Survivor

Suburbans, Tahoes often had buckets, maybe you could modify those bases for the Sparcos. Expect to drill the inner mounting holes by the transmission tunnel.

A MAN OF HONOR DOES NOT LIE, CHEAT, OR STEAL, NOR TOLERATE THOSE WHO DO.

Gettin' old ain't for sissies.
TennesseeZ is offline   Reply With Quote