The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #1
ChargerBill

Question 3" Wider aftermarket rear fenders - are they any good?

I would really like to get wider tires under my 56. I have 2 rebuilt 12 bolt rear ends, one is the correct width and one is 3" too wide...both have the same gear ratio and are pretty much identical. I'm thinking that the wider rear end with a wheel that has a more centered offset would work great for putting 12" to 13" wide tires under there, but I wonder how well those 3" widened aftermarket fenders are made and how well they fit. Does anyone have experience using them, or seen them on another truck?
1969 Dodge Charger
1968 Dodge Charger
ChargerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
RabidScott

Re: 3" Wider aftermarket rear fenders - are they any good?

BILLLL!!!!! I can't believe I bumped into you again!!! I just got a '57 Shortbed, and thought I'd check out some stuff out online! How the heck you doing!?!?!

RabidScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
ChargerBill

Scotty, NO FREAKIN WAY!! I thought I'd never hear from you again. I was wondering what happened to you the other day when I was going through all my Charger photos and came accross the Sacramento Drag pics. So, you bought a '57? Sweet, welcome to the club! Aren't they the coolest things ever? I love how simple and straightforward they are. Do you still have my email address? chargerbill@netcase.com

BTW: I did get your IM a while back, but the board went down and all was lost. Have you been to the new board? dodgecharger.com (no hyphen)

Talk to you later bud,
Bill
1969 Dodge Charger
1968 Dodge Charger

Last edited by ChargerBill; 10-29-2005 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #4
70short/step

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerBill
Scotty, NO FREAKIN WAY!! I thought I'd never hear from you again. I was wondering what happened to you the other day when I was going through all my Charger photos and came accross the Sacramento Drag pics. So, you bought a '57? Sweet, welcome to the club! Aren't they the coolest things ever? I love how simple and straightforward they are. Do you still have my email address? chargerbill@netcase.com

BTW: I did get your IM a while back, but the board went down and all was lost. Have you been to the new board? dodgecharger.com (no hyphen)

Talk to you later bud,
Bill
You mention "Sacramento Drag race pics". Can you post some?

70 Short/Step
70short/step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
ChargerBill

Here you go:

http://www.netcase.com/images/sac_raceway_7-23-03/

Scott, you there?
1969 Dodge Charger
1968 Dodge Charger
Old 11-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
70short/step

cool pics thanks. I worked there back in the 70's-80's! Haven't been there in ages! Guess I need to head back up there.

70 Short/Step
70short/step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
RabidScott

Sorry Bill, I was sick for the last few days. Ah, memories!! I miss that red-oxide rustbucket!!

I haven't been to the new dodgecharger.com. I don't even hang out at the cuda-challenger.com, and I have one. I've been having a blast lately playing with old ****.

I'd been looking for an ol' reliable truck to replace my beater '73 C-10. I was actually looking for a '49-'53 Chevy or GMC when I came across the '57. I had to have it. It's in okay shape, but completely dismantled, but came with EVERYTHING. One trailer and three freaking truckloads. Glass was nice, it was registered (non-op), and free delivery, all for $500.

The previous owner torched the rear leafs off (anyone got a pair of stockity-stock ones?) when he was disassembling it, so that is all thats really missing. Needs some rust repair, but I can handle it.

Can't wait to dig in!! I want to clean and paint everything, then reassemble it so the frames a roller, and shoot the body in epoxy primer. I'm not looking for a show truck out of it, just a clean, daily-driver classic truck.

So, enough about about my craziness.... how's you and yours? I was wondering how you have been lately, with the cars and everything?

Maybe you should PM your phone number, and I'll just give you a call!
RabidScott is offline   Reply With Quote