The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
timski69gmc

Invisiblity problems...

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems ordering parts?
I seem to be invisible.
I finally decided on my interior colors last year in January, and decided to order from a board member here, who has an excellent reputation. Upon my first interaction, I was told 12-16 weeks. No problem, it was end of March, I had time. So, 13 weeks later, I pm'd to check on status, and was told it would be 12-16 weeks. Huh? Well, I mentioned I had already been waiting for 13 weeks. I didn't demand to be at the top of the list, but didn't feel I should have to wait the full time frame. No response. Sent another pm after 15 weeks asking if I was still on the queue. No response.
So, looking online, I find another distributor, who advertises with this site. In November I inquire about seat covers as well, and they indicated 3-4 weeks. Weird. I wonder why theirs is so fast compared. But, I'll take a chance. So, in January I put in my order. Well, as assumed, it is put on back order. I ordered a bunch of items, most of which were in stock. So I said to hold all items, so they could be shipped together. Well, now I have sent three emails in the last month, (it is May already isn't it?), with no replies. I went to call them this morning to see what was going on, checked my order status online first, and it is no longer on back order. In fact, it doesn't even exist anymore. It has disappeared from the status screen. Checked my email, in case it happened to ship today. Nothing. Checked my visa, nothing.
Well, here it is nearly a year and half later, and I am back at square one. I was looking to do the saddle covers with the houndstooth inserts.
But I guess I'll try another company and just do something basic.
Does anyone deal with a company who will actually respond?
Or, can I buy the materials from somewhere and get an upholstery shop to make my covers for me?
Sorry for the long winded, whiney post, but just very frustrated. I am generally a patient person, but this is driving me up the wall.
timski69gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Chulisohombre

Re: Invisiblity problems...

Board member on here makes them. Truckseats is his user I believe. I'll try and find it if it isn't correct. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/member.php?u=103463
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
hemi43

We live in the Great White North !! We need to wait for everything twice as long as our American friends, and pay twice as much. I wish they would get rid of the border.
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
grillzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
We live in the Great White North !! We need to wait for everything twice as long as our American friends, and pay twice as much. I wish they would get rid of the border.
Is this not the truth!
grillzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
hemi43

At least we have better beer !
hemi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #6
timski69gmc

Amen to all of the above!

Well, I finally got a hold of someone yesterday.
He says, his supplier will be shipping today, and they will receive it next week.
Then my complete order will be shipped by the end of the week.
Not holding my breath. :0)
Old 05-08-2015, 05:39 PM   #7
Chulisohombre

At least they finally got back to you.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:59 PM   #8
franken

Cancel the order and move on.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #9
timski69gmc

I was all for cancelling and moving on. The assorted parts come from most places. It was the seat covers I was having trouble finding.
The saddle covers with the tan houndstooth aren't easy to find.
But I was ready to just use the all saddle vinyl ones at this point.
We'll see what next week brings.