The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #51
Just-in-credible

Re: time for some upgrades

The weather finally cooperated here enough to take her out for a rip. They just swept the streets in my part of the city, so I got out for a drive.

The first thing i noticed was that The wheels and tires I picked had no clearance or rubbing issues at all. I used to have a little control arm to rim scrub when i was turning a tight corner in a parking lot, but the 18" rim seems to have fixed that. I had 295/60-16's on the rear before which was a 26.5" diameter, and to me, they looked too small. I went to a 295/40-18, which is 27.3", and I almost wish I would have gone up to a 295/45-18 which is 28.3". But I don't mind the ones I got at all.

Second thing is that the true track seems to be much smoother than my old lunch box locker. no more clunking and banging, which I like. I was taking it easy on it so far with the rear end just being rebuilt, i figured i would let it get broken in a bit before i really start getting on it too much. The pavement was still pretty cold, so I didnt notice a huge improvement in traction from the Nitto's just yet, but I think that will change once the weather warms up some.

So the next items on the list...

1)Fixing the brake bias with an adjustable wilwood unit to get more front braking and less on the rears.

2)Pulling the 700R4, and upgrading it with a fully rebuilt 4L60E.

3)Adding Design engineering Heat shield in the tunnel and on the floor boards to protect from the heat. I figure that I'll have most of my exhaust off anyhow, and the tranny will be out, so I might as well do the little bit of extra work while I have it out.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=824325
Just-in-credible is offline   Reply With Quote