The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #76
robmrtnbb5

Re: Project "E.P."

keeep up the good work it will be worth it in the end you got a gr88 start

bob
robmrtnbb5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #77
LuckyHenriksen

Great build! I like the rendering, how did you do it? I want one of mine to put in the shop for inspiration
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
LuckyHenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #78
rckclmbr99

ya i'm with them thats a sweet rendering. also i really like the frame painted with the rattle can its looks real nice man. i might give it a try on mine considering it won't cost as much as gettin it powder coated.
Take it easy,
Jonathan

2002 Chevy Silverado REG cab, Short bed, 5.3 V8: Murdered.

Club: B-Low Average keepin' it real and low
rckclmbr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #79
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Thanks guys for the good words.
The rendering was done by me in Photoshop, I might be able to do one for you guys depending on what your looking for.
Send me a PM with what you want and I'll see what I can do, time permitting of course. I'll probably have quite a bit of it though as I still have a week of Christmas break left haha.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:43 AM   #80
VA72C10
VA72C10

Any recent pictures of progress?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #81
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Yeah any progress?

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 AM   #82
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Not to much of it I can show, I've been working on the mechanical/electrical side of things lately. I got her up and running pretty decent now. I have a whole entire suspension rebuild kit I need to put on. I'm saving for the rear 4" lowering coils right now so I can do it all at once and be done with it.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I get any sort of picture worthy progress on it!

Dylan
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 12-31-2008, 01:03 AM   #83
thirdstreettito
Resident of Here

Where did you get the kit? Do you mean all new bushings or all new bolts/nuts/washers/bushings?

Miss having a truck
thirdstreettito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM   #84
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

I got the kit on the top of this page.
http://www.lmctruck.com/ICATALOG/CB/full.aspx?Page=143
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 AM   #85
PHAT TONY

Wish I'd had a cool little truck all those years ago, betcha can't wait to put gas in it-eh? Nice to see you're a site supporter as well. Keep goin, we're watching from Canada too.
PHAT TONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #86
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Yeah, I've been putting around the yard, I'm just ready for it's maiden voyage onto the actual streets! Should certainly be a fun adventure!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 01-19-2009, 11:14 PM   #87
tgriffin27
1967 Shortbed "Project Patina"

Lightbulb Re: Project "E.P."

Nice Job on your truck! I had to do a double take after seeing the pics of the truck when you first got it. I went outside to make sure my truck was still there. My truck is the exact same color I even have the exact same white and rust colors on the top of the cab. As soon as it stops snowing here I will take some pictures and post them. I kinda went backwards on my build I did the suspension first, 2.5 inches in the front and 4 in the back. Then I built a 350 and took the tired 283 out and put it in the corner of my garage. I also converted my truck over to 5 lug with disc brakes out of a 72 donor truck. The cab is really rusty and I have had the truck since 2004 and never took one pic of it yet. I wish i would have taken pics when i first bought it.
tgriffin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #88
LuckyHenriksen

I bet you can't wait to get that beast on the road
Senior Project
Build Thread Here
LuckyHenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM   #89
tgriffin27
1967 Shortbed "Project Patina"

If it wasn't still snowing I would have better pics of the top of my cab and it was really cold outside so i just snapped a few pics this morning before i went to work.Here is my 67 it was going fast as I am a mechanic by trade but as you can see body work is not my thing. Lowered 2.5 inches in the front and 4 in the back.The truck cab is really rusty(Its too cold to drive it the heater cant catch up with the hole in the drivers side floorboardI even have it covered up and it sill finds other places to come in?) but I am buying patch panels as we speak. Now to find a good 67 light green passenger fender on here that doesn't get sold before i see it listed LOL

tgriffin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #90
exmonkeypunk
Barrito Loco Diablo

I Haven't seen or heard from my truck since early November. She's been put away and i haven't gone for a visit. How's your project coming along?
exmonkeypunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:23 PM   #91
allen123
It'll buff out

nice build

My Build
Cody Allen
allen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #92
billsbowtie

looking good dylan.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:03 AM   #93
Hart_Rod

Hurry up! I'll be back in FL this fall and I want to see it on the road.......
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #94
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Hey, if you're coming back into Florida this fall maybe you can come to the meet I'm trying to get together! I'll update this real soon, I've done a ton of work to the truck, just too lazy to gather all the pictures together and organize them into a post. I know if I keep going without updating it that I'll soon just say forget it. So, I'll have some updates for all of you soon.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 03-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #95
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
Hey, if you're coming back into Florida this fall maybe you can come to the meet I'm trying to get together! I'll update this real soon, I've done a ton of work to the truck, just too lazy to gather all the pictures together and organize them into a post. I know if I keep going without updating it that I'll soon just say forget it. So, I'll have some updates for all of you soon.
A NW FL get together sounds good. Stay on top of your thread, it will keep you motivated, .
Old 03-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #96
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

What part of Florida are you moving to? North central perhaps? Maybe a little rinkydink town called Crawfordville? Yeah, you know I'm spiking your interest. Beautiful rivers, biggest freshwater spring in Florida, beaches all around, great fishing, camping, and hunting sites. Think about it...

I'll update it here some time today with all the new stuff that's been done. It's due time for an update.
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 03-22-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #97
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dylan View Post
What part of Florida are you moving to? North central perhaps? Maybe a little rinkydink town called Crawfordville? Yeah, you know I'm spiking you're interest. Beautiful rivers, biggest freshwater spring in Florida, beaches all around, great fishing, camping, and hunting sites. Think about it... Lol.

I'll update it here some time today with all the new stuff that's been done. It's due time for an update.
We lived in Pace (NE of Pensacola) for 8 years. That's where we will probably move back to.

R/
Old 03-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #98
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Ah, that's not too terribly far away. Hope I'll see ya at the meet then!
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 03-23-2009, 12:12 AM   #99
Jvsapp

Re: The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

figure i subscribe to your excellent buildup. nice work. keep up the progress.
Jvsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #100
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

It's been quite some time since my last update guys! Money has been tight but things have been getting done. Right now the truck is up in town getting the front end rebuilt, and some carb. adjustments are being done to it.

Over the course of no updates I've lowered the rear, the front is being done right now, the bed is back on, I painted my wheels, got new wheels after painting those, and have been driving it around. Everything on the rear of the truck, bushings, coils, etc is all new. Went to the Moultrie swap meet and picked up a hood, think I payed 20.00 for it? Can't remember, got it really cheap though. Also had the trailing arms sand blasted and painted.

MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan