The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-19-2016, 10:39 AM   #1
saxart

A guy from the 67-72 side with some questions...

This past spring I picked up a 1970 C10 long-box to tinker with.

It's been a fun project getting it back on the road, (you can read the clean up/build thread in my signature if you'd like) but I've been thinking about selling it and moving into something a little older like a pre-'47 pick up.

One question I have is about the size of the cab. While I'm not a HUGE guy at 6'2" + 240lbs, I'm not tiny either. Am I going to have trouble fitting in the cab of one of these pre-47 trucks? The cab on my '70 is certainly smaller than a modern pickup, but other than the steering wheel being a little close, it's fairly comfortable.

I tend to be more of an original style guy, so if I did get one of these trucks, I wouldn't be interested in custom seats or steering wheel set ups. Can I fit with a stock seat and steering wheel?

Any thoughts you can lend to this pre-47 noobie would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
dennislbrooks

Re: A guy from the 67-72 side with some questions...

I am 5/11 at 215 lbs and have a 42 rod and a stock 46 which is near stock. I figure 6/2 is about max in the 42 which has a seat tank and custom platform for the 2 jeep buckets plus a 67 non tilt colum. You would be near the top of the windshield for line of site seeing up less than I can. The 46 which has a seat tank and the stock seat is about the same as my 42. The seat backs are near to the back of the cab now with no more adjustment back on either. I am not sure you would gain much with the tank out of the cab. My suggestion is to find someone who will let you sit in their truck. I am a little far from you unless you are passing thru.