The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
notenuftoys

Should I?

Found this forum over the weekend and finally decided to register. I've always been interested in restoring an old Chevy, either a Camaro or C10. Now that my boys are teens, there's an interest on their part in working on something.

My oldest is about to get his license, so I may be a little late to contemplate restoring something for him. But we started talking seriously this weekend about finding either a roller that we can put an engine in, or something in decent shape that we can work on as needed, or improve as we want. Building something with my boys would be such an awesome experience!

So right now I'll be reading as much as possible about 67-72 C10s. I know it's hard to predict how much restoration costs because of the variables, but I need to get a sense of how much work is involved before we take a bite of the restoration apple.

I feel very comfortable doing any engine, interior and wiring work. The price of body work and paint by a professional would have to be budgeted into the project, and considered when deciding between a roller or running truck.

Please be patient with any dumb questions.
notenuftoys is offline   Reply With Quote