The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #26
ranger danger

Re: Sad time

I lost my best friend Buster a few years ago. After it was over, I sat in my truck in the parking lot and balled for 2 hours before I could get it together enough to drive home. You sir, have my deepest sympathies. Lee
Attached Images

US Navy 1979-1983 Gunners Mate Guns (GMG)
NRA Life Member

Unrestrained Children in back seats cause Accidents.
Unrestrained Accidents in back seats cause Children.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #27
dieseldawg142

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy longhorn View Post
Yes, it was hard to pick up his food bowl & toys it was hard
My thoughts, you love them all, like kids....but you love them all differently? Longhorn
luv my dawg just as much as my wife & son- how can you not??
my Dixie-lou passed the other yr, it takes getting used to them not being there and wandering around, esp at supper time. they also "train" us and set part of our schedules (lives)

i hate these kind of threads, there gut-wrenching. when you read them, you cant help but think of your lost puppies...
unfortunatley i too will be walking down that road in the near future
how is your pitt handling it? they are just as affected as us when they lose their friend...dawg has not been the same since Dixie left us
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #28
Coley

Even with pets....'better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all'
They are worth the years of time, investment and companionship....even knowing..... that there will come a' day.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #29
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
luv my dawg just as much as my wife & son- how can you not??
my Dixie-lou passed the other yr, it takes getting used to them not being there and wandering around, esp at supper time. they also "train" us and set part of our schedules (lives)

i hate these kind of threads, there gut-wrenching. when you read them, you cant help but think of your lost puppies...
unfortunatley i too will be walking down that road in the near future
how is your pitt handling it? they are just as affected as us when they lose their friend...dawg has not been the same since Dixie left us
We all have to walk that road one day....when it is my time, I know that there will be no more pain? As far as the little pit, Kynzie is lost, she shadowed Mr Hayden, for 10 yrs. He was the voice, the demanding pup....she just waited for him to talk. I wake up , flat on my back with both arms stretched....& that little dog is curled up under my arm pit! I will spoil her a bit, & when the time is right, get her a little pup to love Longhorn
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #30
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

My wife and I are holding on and so is Meeko. For some reason he is doing well despite his recent cancer diagnosis. After he got real bad with the prednisone, and anti-biotic, the vet told us to take him off of it. Since then, he has gotten better, though we know what is going to happen soon. For now we will enjoy his company, be thankful for each day we have with him and are starting to look for a replacement to bring into the fold now so Meeko can provide some senior guidance and training on how to be a good member of the family. Hoping to find a Golden Doodle, but they are so darned expensive...
So the search goes on.

Once again to everyone here, thank you for being there for us.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote