The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #26
twittersucks

Re: My wifes new truck.

More pics and one of my R3500 and 71 Pontiac "another project that is currently on hold".
Attached Images

twittersucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #27
twittersucks

It was just brought to my attention that the dates on my pictures show 2011. I didn't set the date on my camera and will correct that this weekend. These pictures were all taken in the last month just in case anyone was wondering.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:44 PM   #28
twittersucks

Well we got the rear swaybar this weekend along with the new rear crossmember that I made. I also installed the new LS9 cam but had to stop due to technical difficulties "a broken chain tensioner". All the new parts are ordered and on their way so next weekend I might have the engine/trans installed and ready for wiring/plumbing. I will definitely have the new steering box and assorted links installed. I also started on boxing/strengthening the frame up. I have had to get back into the swing of welding because I haven't had to do it since I worked at Newport News Shipyard back in the early 2000's. It's like riding a bicycle as the old saying goes. Here are some pictures from this weekend along with one of the mocked up fuel tank. Have a good day.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2018, 07:43 PM   #29
twittersucks

A fruitful weekend so far. We got the engine/tranny into the frame and got the valves lapped and ready for reassembly. I will have the fuel system installed next weekend along with the heads and front assembly on the engine. We got some sanding done as well as a little dent repair on the roof. I hope everyone has had a good weekend and here's to many more.
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2018, 07:48 PM   #30
twittersucks

Got a little more done this last weekend but then it started to rain and hasn't stopped. I need to sand and paint the radiator core so I can mount the radiator and trans cooler so that I can make the lines coming off the radiator. The little red truck is my baby and i rolled her over this last saturday down an embankment trying to dodge a tree in the road. I think a little wax and some water and it'll be good as new. No I'm serious, just a little wax and polish, oh and lots of body work.
Attached Images