The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
Detmar

Next week I join the c10 ranks Hopefully!

So i am looking to buy a 67-72 c10 this next weekend with a budget of 4k. Any advice of what i should be walking away from or at that price point worth picking up. I know at that price point there will be some rust and other problems. I am new to the classic truck world. Not a practiced wrench turner but learn fast and have done some basic small projects over my short 40 yr life! Carb rebuilds, intake installs things of that nature. Just want to get a post in here and try and glean some knowledge from others with lots of experience. I am in WA state but live on the Columbia River so WA,OR are both areas i am looking in. Thanks for all reply's before hand. I know i will have to invest money in a 4k 50yr old truck. Here is the short list so far i am interested in.
I live 4 hrs from Eugene but my sister an 45 min drive so she is willing to get me more pictures since the Seller on this is not pc savy and does not know how to send more pictures. had a family member do the CL post for him.

Last edited by Detmar; 02-18-2018 at 10:08 PM.
Detmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
harpo231

Re: Next week I join the c10 ranks Hopefully!

more pics needed for sure
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #3
Mike C

Now that you know what you want, know how much you have to spend, STOP! Come here everyday and read posts about people's old trucks, new trucks, trucks from the South, trucks from the West. Trucks in the rust belt, trucks on East coast.

Get a REALLY good idea of what the problems are in different areas and make sure and get the right truck and not just the truck that's for sale right now...

But with that said, that appears to be an excellent price for that truck but as the previous posters mention, MORE PICTURES.

And just MAYBE that is the RIGHT truck at the RIGHT time! LOL
68 Camaro 'vert LT1 & TH700
69 Z/28 355 12.6's @110
69 Chevy Short Step 4 1/2"/7" drop
72 Jimmy 4WD 4spd 4" & 35's
02 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Duramax
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:42 PM   #4
jocko

It's definitely worth more pics. If the body is nice and it runs and stops, that's not a bad deal.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
Grumpy old man

Always more pictures but refrain from posting complete craigslist ads with contact info ...Your not the only guy looking for a good deal and buyers have been swooped in on before only to find the trucks been sold already there are currently 1566 users right now 215 are members the rest are guests you do the math ...
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #6
Detmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Always more pictures but refrain from posting complete craigslist ads with contact info ...Your not the only guy looking for a good deal and buyers have been swooped in on before only to find the trucks been sold already there are currently 1566 users right now 215 are members the rest are guests you do the math ...
Good Call i edited post. Should have known that.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:05 PM   #7
HO455
Post Whore

Welcome aboard neighbor! Lots of trucks for sale around these parts. Take some time and look at the "Craig's List finds" thread. There are lots of past posts to help you get a hand on what you can expect to find in your budget. Be patient deals are out there especially if you can react quickly. There was a great one a couple weeks back in Bend that I posted.
Good Luck and let us know how you do.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:14 AM   #8
Detmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
Welcome aboard neighbor! Lots of trucks for sale around these parts. Take some time and look at the "Craig's List finds" thread. There are lots of past posts to help you get a hand on what you can expect to find in your budget. Be patient deals are out there especially if you can react quickly. There was a great one a couple weeks back in Bend that I posted.
Good Luck and let us know how you do.

Just went through it. Went back and saw that one in bend. Thad would have been a good one. I've been reading and saturating my brain with all the post on these forums. I've been all over Craig'slist and getting an idea what I'll get for my money. One thing I'm doing is being more patient. Found this Chevy and it got me excited until I left and did some thinking. I don't want a c20. And someone gave it a nice paint job but left all the rust. That makes think it's got more than I want to bargain for.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2018, 10:43 AM   #9
1972RedNeck

You are in arguably one of the best regions of the country to find decent trucks for a decent price. As mentioned, shop around. Personally, I would find one with a perfect body and a tired drive train and rebuild the engine, tranny, and suspension to what I want - many are the opposite though and would rather do body work than heavily involved wrench turning. Do you have certain colors or options that are a must have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detmar View Post
I know i will have to invest money in a 4k 50yr old truck.
I would hardly call this addiction an investment - more like a money pit - but it's the blood, sweat, and tears that count.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 02:15 PM   #10
Detmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck View Post
You are in arguably one of the best regions of the country to find decent trucks for a decent price. As mentioned, shop around. Personally, I would find one with a perfect body and a tired drive train and rebuild the engine, tranny, and suspension to what I want - many are the opposite though and would rather do body work than heavily involved wrench turning. Do you have certain colors or options that are a must have?

I would hardly call this addiction an investment - more like a money pit - but it's the blood, sweat, and tears that count.
Not really on the options. PS and PB would be cool. V8 is about the only must. I don't want one that's been chopped or lowered. Want one that runs fairly well to appease the wife her one condition wad to get one that's not going to sit I the driveway. I told her I'll get one that's drivable avid then in a few years in going to do a restoration. When kids are established and out of college so they can help.