The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
Ekliptix

A few jobs in progress (2wd)- new carpet and seals

My carpet is faded so I ordered some new black carpet and some sound deadener. My 2000+ mi drive when I bought the truck was a bit noisy (Flowmaster 40's), so we'll see how this insulation works.

In about 4 hours my father in law and I got the seats and console removed, the carpet removed, the insulation cut and positions. Making the holes in the insulation to match the bolt holes took a little while, and that's as far as we got. I'll next be cutting the bolt holes in the carpet before putting the seats back in and trying to wiggle the bolts through the seat mounts, the carpet, the insulation and finally the floor holes. .

I didn't realize how faded the current carpet was until I took it out. Wow.

Seats and Consol out. Dang, it's quite a reach to get the nut underneath for the seat belt.

Before

A bit dusty

Wiped down, no rust

Drivetrain: Built 402BB, TCI Streetfighter 700R4, 2,500 stall, Eaton posi, 3.73. Suspension/Chassis: ECE 4.5/6.5 drop, CPP nitrogen shocks, CPP front and rear sway bar, CPP cross members. Exhaust: 3" exhaust with x-pipe, Spintech 3000 mufflers, Hooker ceramic coated headers. Best 1/4 mile time: TBD.
Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote