The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

HP Tuners V4 is out! NGauge Support!

Alright you most of yall know that I'm kinda partial to HP Tuners, and I've usually had access to alpha and beta versions of the VCM Suite and scanner.

Up until know probably 99%+ of the GM ls swaps have been done using v3.xx of the software, and the MPVI or MPVI Pro (the dongle/box). Which has been great but has certain limits. The software began to look a little dated, certain things didn't optimize well for new touchscreen laptops, and lacked hardware support for some oddball computer setups.
The MPVI boxes could hold 250 tunes, had a bunch of wires (especially if you had Pro with external wideband input).

So....

HPT finally dropped V4.x of the VCM Suite/scanner, the first full-build release in a longtime. It has expanded support for the new tables we need in GenV swaps, easier use of the GenIV GMVE tables, and a bunch of backend stuff I don't understand

The other huge change as part of this is the release of the MPVI-2
This new unit stores around 4x as many tunes, and connects WIRELESS to your data port. No more sitting with a pile of wires on your lap, and no more dragging wires through the window when its on the dyno.

AND the support for GM protocols is now working on the NGauge. This is a multi-readout gauge similar to the ScanGauge, but can store 5 tunes on 6 licensed vehicles; log and flash without a laptop, and monitor 32 PID's simultaneously.

This info kinda gave me a chubby.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
Hart_Rod

Re: HP Tuners V4 is out! NGauge Support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Alright you most of yall know that I'm kinda partial to HP Tuners, and I've usually had access to alpha and beta versions of the VCM Suite and scanner.

Up until know probably 99%+ of the GM ls swaps have been done using v3.xx of the software, and the MPVI or MPVI Pro (the dongle/box). Which has been great but has certain limits. The software began to look a little dated, certain things didn't optimize well for new touchscreen laptops, and lacked hardware support for some oddball computer setups.
The MPVI boxes could hold 250 tunes, had a bunch of wires (especially if you had Pro with external wideband input).

So....

HPT finally dropped V4.x of the VCM Suite/scanner, the first full-build release in a longtime. It has expanded support for the new tables we need in GenV swaps, easier use of the GenIV GMVE tables, and a bunch of backend stuff I don't understand

The other huge change as part of this is the release of the MPVI-2
This new unit stores around 4x as many tunes, and connects WIRELESS to your data port. No more sitting with a pile of wires on your lap, and no more dragging wires through the window when its on the dyno.

AND the support for GM protocols is now working on the NGauge. This is a multi-readout gauge similar to the ScanGauge, but can store 5 tunes on 6 licensed vehicles; log and flash without a laptop, and monitor 32 PID's simultaneously.

This info kinda gave me a chubby.
Price? What if you already own the older version?
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Base price is $299, but there are trade-in upgrades available. For folks that make use of things like SD Enhanced OS, wideband logging etc (basically the old PRO features), its worth waiting a short while.

The new hardware won't have a standard and Pro. Instead all units will be the base module, with something called an "expansion hub" for the addition of the wideband, onboard logging support, livetune etc. This was driven by HPT's sales being like 70% base units, with the Pro units usually going to shops or the racing community. The hub has not released yet, so if you use those features probably worth a month or two until its available.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
This was driven by HPT's sales being like 70% base units, with the Pro units usually going to shops or the racing community. The hub has not released yet, so if you use those features probably worth a month or two until its available.
never understood someone buying HPT and NOT buying the Pro version. In my opinion, HPT without wideband support is pretty limited in it's use. <shrug>
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Makeit View Post
never understood someone buying HPT and NOT buying the Pro version. In my opinion, HPT without wideband support is pretty limited in it's use. <shrug>
Simply write the signal to something that's not used.. egr... and configure a table.. done.. accomplishes the same thing.
Clint

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:55 AM   #6
Custom 68

Brew that is some interesting information. I am a "causal" user and have done a few swaps and helped some friends so my knowledge of HP Tuners is somewhat limited. I do have the pro version and use it for my turbo setup. I will do some more research.
Thanks
Dave
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote