The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 05:08 AM   #1
Fast68Chevy
Account Suspended

happy truckin

was nice meeting those whom i have met in the past, was glad to help out in the past in any ways thta i could, i appreciate all the help and info recieved form members on the forum, i have to leave now, have three or four members who wish me away and swaer that i am some rip off artist and stuff, and that i cut up supposedly nice trucks ?? i have no chance of defending myself, and am already banned form parts board and i need to move on in life, i have goals to reach and surpass, so this is bye,

thanks for letting me stay this long, sorry for all this crap i guess i caused, never once ever meant to cause aything negative, guess im sucky person huh ?....... the most important things in my life for last 8 years i have now lost...... thsi forum and these trucks, have to give it all up now, blue 71 is looking like to be the new onwner of the 71 project truck, should be neat truck, wont take too much more to make it go

delete this member account, im done

bye to all..... was good while it lasted.,,
Old 07-07-2002, 05:21 AM   #2
oldyeller
Captain CAAAVVVMMMAAANNN!

what the F?????? why are you going to let these certian people drive you away when the majority of the board wants you to stay and join in especially the senior members here, they are the ones that count. If you screwed up and did something wrong so what we're all human, just try and make it right, and if they are still not happy screw 'em life goes on. no since in leaving this place after so long, just think about how much help and knowledge you have given and received here.

maybe you need to set a few things straight and step back and watch for awhile, but leaving all together is f'in drastic...

take sometime give this place and yourself some space and rethink your decision. I know a lot of people here really appriciate you and your help.

just my .02, take it as you will, but do concider it. and your right, life does go on.

oldyeller
check out the project old yeller
Old 07-07-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Whats all this Fast? I really don't know whats all going on in this deal but I really appreciate all your knowledge!!! There are many different people in the world and not everyone has to agree. I deal with the public everyday in my job and there are a few I'd like to tell off but I don't. I just try to make the best of things. IMO people that have to ridicule and put down other people need to look at themselves first evidently they are not very happy to start with. What you do and everyone else does with these trucks is their own business if you or anyone wants to cut them up or just tear them up its THEIR business nobody elses. I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET ALONG!!! You will bw MISSED!!! I hope you reconsider. Randy
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"

Last edited by teeitup; 07-07-2002 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:43 AM   #4
68 with 350 TPI

stay around....NUFF SAID!
Old 07-07-2002, 11:43 AM   #5
Low69CST

Thanks for the info over the years.

Later man
Quad Suspension and Dual Tanks
Old 07-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #6
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

What the F??? did I miss? Randy, don't go off half cocked here! Most everyone on this board knows you are a stand up guy and a wealth of info. I don't know what happened, but I'm sure it can be sorted out. Don't quit the board just because of some bad press from a few members. I for one would hate to see you go. You always have some of the best info and tech help around. Reconsider. Jeff. email me if you want to talk about it.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
Old 07-07-2002, 01:21 PM   #7
frogsmakr

.....YAWN.........for like the 20th time......stay-go-whatever...
Old 07-07-2002, 01:59 PM   #8
68 Suburban

Randy, how can someone get this emotional over a "message board"?
I think this is what set him off this time.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...threadid=16179
Old 07-07-2002, 02:06 PM   #9
68 Suburban

I guess I have to ask, how do you get banned from the parts board?
Old 07-07-2002, 02:22 PM   #10
Super Chevy

Randy, your going to leave just because 4 people dont agrre with your actions is stupid; Ive said it befor and ill say it again,your sounding like a school room sissy and just complain all the time. Why dont you just ingnor these 4 people and post your comments WITHOUT bringing anybody into them, youve mentioned leaving dozans of times...

Can I Have You'r Stuff?

S-C
Old 07-07-2002, 03:16 PM   #11
TERRYP
GYRO GEARLOOSE

Randy, you have the same attitude as me., don't worry about someone elses games. I look foreward to your posts, keep thinking that you and I are just alike and would get along great. You could always change your user name and we'll all still know who yor are!

Terry
66 C-10 Panel, SWB. 350 from '68, 200R4 tranny, 3.07 rear ratio, restoring
68 C10 LWB 350 4spd, 4.56 rear dump runner
82 Camaro, 305, THM-200-R4
84 Monte Carlo 305 TH350, land tuna
85 Tercel SW, snow runner

DISGRACED OUTLAW MEMBER OF THE DRUM BRAKE CLUB
Old 07-07-2002, 03:55 PM   #12
crews
It just doesn't matter

Wow- thanks for the link Christopher....Now I know what I missed....The amazing thing I find is that this hauling the panel deal was OVER 9 MONTHS AGO.....talk about bringing up stuff from the dead.....And one more thing...I was involved in almost EVERY deal that went south....

I hauled the panel...( I did it over Thanksgiving Weekend...no days off, used my own trailer...did it for parts and a little gas money...)

The doors in question...are mine. This was a deal that was made when I hauled the truck to Randy...They never should have been up for sale in the first place..Sorry Shane...

The stuff that Blue was going to buy...The 292 went to another board member..I delivered it...coincidently the same time I delivered Blue his 4x4

The 350..I sold that to Randy in a old Burb...

The 3/4 ton suspension...I got that in trade with Randy for another hauling deal...

So I guess maybe I am the bad guy here....

wow..maybe I should "quit"........

The bottom line in all of this is, why are we all crying over a missed opportunity? especially something that happened so long ago...Realistically, if you aren't out CASH, then you have NO COMPLAINT.....

GMCBLU- what are you really out? A couple of days off work that you didn't want to take? And this was enough to drag this out again?

Shane- When I saw the post on the doors, I remember that shipping was a BIG problem for the both of you so I don't think you guys would have ever made a deal anyhow...( I did , by the way, offer to deliver them to you if you guys had a concrete deal..I never heard back from you...I would have respected any deal you guys had made..but when I inquired, no deal was done...)

Blue- I have no idea why you seem to have missed out on some of these....I have dealy with you several times, and have always had a good experience.....

Oh well, I guess this silly school yard crap will continue....

C'mon guys, there are people out there who have REAL problems.....be glad you're not one of them.....

If you don't like me- TAKE A NUMBER; There are people ahead of you!!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:25 PM   #13
jeepbut

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Look, a Wolf! Look, a Wolf!
Old 07-07-2002, 04:29 PM   #14
junkyardjohn

Lightbulb

THIS WHOLE THREAD SOUNDS LIKE AN OLD SOAP OPERA "AS THE WORLD TURNS" WILL HE LEAVE??? MAYBE?? ALL THIS THING NEEDS IS -- SOMEONE PREGNATE -- SOMEONE WITH ABNESIA -- SOMEONE WANTED WRONGFULLY BY THE FBI & A LONG LOST SPOUSE TO BE FOUND ON A DESERTED ISLAND AFTER BEING SHIPWRECKED FOR SEVERAL YEARS, ONLY TO FIND THEY'RE TRUE LOVE IS REMARRIED WITH 2 KIDS. EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO PUKE.

(HMMM I WONDER IF JERRY SPRINGER WOULD PAY BIG BUCKS FOR THIS SHOW IDEA???)

(ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER 67-72 CHEVY TRUCKS????)
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 07-07-2002 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-07-2002, 04:52 PM   #15
Alexis
Member since 2000

don't be a puss stand your ground, plus i havent finished my truck........
Old 07-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #16
greasemonkey

LMAO @ junkyard, you hit the nail on the head. Randy, you've helped me several times, I have nothing against you. It's your decision. And if you really don't want to leave and are just seeing what people think of you, who cares like I said it's your decision. If it was me, I'd come back under another name, but I don't have 1000000 posts or whatever you've got. Good luck
1987 Jimmy
2004 Tahoe
2005 Silverado 1500
2005 Silverado 3500
Old 07-07-2002, 05:34 PM   #17
Shane
Account Suspended

Quote:
The doors in question...are mine. This was a deal that was made when I hauled the truck to Randy...They never should have been up for sale in the first place..Sorry Shane...
NO apoplogy needed crews...I just wish I had known they didn't belong to the person who posted them for sale.

Quote:
Shane- When I saw the post on the doors, I remember that shipping was a BIG problem for the both of you so I don't think you guys would have ever made a deal anyhow...( I did , by the way, offer to deliver them to you if you guys had a concrete deal..I never heard back from you...I would have respected any deal you guys had made..but when I inquired, no deal was done...)
I am unaware of any conversation between you and I on delivery arrangements. I do remember speaking to 68Suburban (Christopher) about working out some sort of shipping arrangement on his trip to Chicago and even went as far as find the nearest Greyhound station for Fast....but I don't remember speaking with you about shipping. If I failed to contact you in response to an email or PM, I apologize about that.

The ony reason I posted what I did on the Review board was in defense of myself. The name-calling and mud-slinging went on for over a week and it was AIMED TOWARDS ME. I was accused of being "pissy ... hard-to-please ....etc." The only time i responded to any comments were when they were targeted towards me FIRST.

I have been away from a computer the past 2 days and just saw this when I signed into the board this afternoon. I thought it was a dead issue and behind all of us.....

I won't beg or plead with Randy to stay....he is a grown adult and should make his decisions based on whats best for him...but, I also want to let Randy know that I feel he has as much right as anyone to be here. I "said my peace" in the post in the Review Board and have not commented on anything dealing with the subject since...its a "done deal" and I have tried to forget about it....in my opinion, this subject is a dead horse and there is no sense in beating it anymore.

Last edited by Shane; 07-07-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:54 PM   #18
Super Chevy

someone mentioned TV show?

I think we'd call this one a re-run...

S-C
Old 07-07-2002, 06:13 PM   #19
Bill72BB
Thats the Hillbilly way

Fast;

Hang in Here we need you .
If you leave Andy (longhornmail) becomes the top Poster by default..

Bill
Member Old Farts Club
72 3/4ton Custom Camper BB402/400 trans Dynomax Cerama-coat headers , Hei distributor ,Edelbrock 1411 air,ps,pb,leafsprings ,98 chevy 60/40 seat,S10 shoulder belts
tilt,3.54 Dana 60 rear. 16" Eagle wheels with LT265/75 16 tires,Gaylord Lid,H4 headlights with 100W relay conversion.

" If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself "
Marriage changes passion...suddenly you're in bed with a relative. A GUY'S PRAYER....

Lord, I pray for a nympho with huge boobs who owns a liquor store and likes to fish and hunt and has a Harley .Amen ,
Old 07-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #20
junkyardjohn

Talking

LEAVE --- STAY
GO ------ DON'T GO
HE'S A TRUCK GENIUS -----HE'S A KNOW IT ALL
LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME --- TIME FOR A CHANGE
NOBODY LIKES ME ANYMORE --- EVERYONE LIKES ME
EVERYONE SHARES MY OPINION -- TO EACH HIS OWN
I'M REALLY LEAVIN THIS TIME, NO I MEAN IT, SO DON'T ANYONE TRY & TALK ME OUT OF IT, I SAID I'M GOING, DON'T TRY & STOP ME, I'M GONNA DO IT, I REALLY AM, I WAS JUST ****TEN BEFORE, BUT I'M ON THE LEVEL NOW, DON'T TRY & STOP ME, ANYONE? , ANYONE? I MEAN IT, I'LL TAKE MY 8 MILLION POSTS & GO. ANYONE? ANYONE?? SOMEONE HOLD ME BACK, QUICK!!! MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE A POLL???

OH THE INHUMANITIES OF IT ALL!!!!!!!
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 07-07-2002, 07:46 PM   #21
snow man

2 CENTS WORTH

WELL I GUESS I BETTER RESPOND TO THIS ONE.I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL PARTS FROM RANDY AND HAD NO PROBLEMS.THE PROBLEM I SEE HERE IS PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL TO GET THE PARTS THEY WANT.I HAVE SPENT SEVERAL WEEKENDS GOING AFTER THE PARTS I NEED AND HAVE FOUND SEVERAL PARTS THAT I BOUGHT AS EXTRAS.I AM THE ONE THAT PURCHASED THE DOORS THAT SOME ONE SAYS THEY BOUGHT BUT I DIDN'T KNOW SOMEONE WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING THEM.I BOUGHT THEM AS SPARES BUT IF SOMEBODY HAD FIRST DIBS ON THEM COME AND GET THEM,BUT LIKE RANDY I WILL NOT SHIP THEM,BUT YOUR MORE THAN WELCOME TO DRIVE UP AND GET THEM.JUST TRYING TO KEEP THIS BOARD FAIR. SNOW MAN IN ILLINOIS
Old 07-07-2002, 08:25 PM   #22
snow man

WHO WANTS THESE DOORS

TTT
Old 07-07-2002, 09:42 PM   #23
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Talking

Reminds me of that "Clash" song...... .... "Should I stay or should I go now...... If I stay there will be trouble..... If I go it will be double...... girl you got to let me know....... should I stay or should I go......

LOL
Old 07-07-2002, 10:05 PM   #24
crews
It just doesn't matter

Snow man- What doors do you have ??? Randy has sold/ parted more trucks than most of us have owned....Just curious as to which set you ended up with....

Old 07-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #25
crews
It just doesn't matter

Shane- You are correct- you and I never spoke about any shipping deal...I had PM'd you about getting them to you as I was going to be going right through Athens the next weekend...but I never got a response...I figured that I had somehow aggrivated you about the doors....I was just trying to help you and Randy out...

Closed Thread