The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
craigsuburban

Re: Back window hinges

I found the gas shocks that work on the 68 to 72 suburbans wont work, the shock itself will bind because the shock is a little to thick in diameter for the space between the body and gate. I read somewhere that 57 Chevy wagon lift-gate supports will work but don't lift it as high. I just installed a set of the 57's on mine, only requires one hole to be drilled and a rivnut installed (the rivnut hole will be covered by the originals if you find a set.) The gate side bolts right on but use the lower original mounting hole on the jamb and you will need a new hole between since the 57 mount is a little smaller on the jamb side. Mine is a k-10 so it is high enough for me until I find a set, if I ever find a set. If you run across two sets please let me know so I can buy one from you. You may also want to take a closer look at Lokar hood support rods. I didn't get far enough in my investigation but it looks like they will work
craigsuburban is offline   Reply With Quote