The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-13-2003, 12:41 AM   #1
Jackal2k9

For Sale:

In a couple months ill probably have to sell it. The worst news is im almost finished building a 383 for it that shuold make it in by the end of next month. The rot. ass. is being balanced right now, but it will be sold almost immediately after break in. The new tci 350 trans with its little stage 2 shift kit will hardly ever see any use. I dont know about the rear end. The gears are solid it makes no noise but if its a posi unit it's very weak. You can lock it up with brakes and then launch but that probably not very good to do more than once. The interior is perfect, except that it doesnt have the original radio mount. The original radio mount got swissed so i made a custom wood mount for a pioneer flip/Det. cd-player. I manufactured some beautiful 6 coat urethane door panels stained with a blue to match the seats. The seets are out of a 99' chevy pickup and they have built in shoulder belts with sliding and reclining functions. Theres a big speker behind the passenger seat with an amp under the driver seat and two door speakers that have been cut out for. It has a late model 350 (94') in it right now but like i said i have a 383 that is being built for it. The 383 has decked heads and block, flat top pistons, fresh balanced 400 crank and rods. The heads are a 70 400 sbc castingwith 72 cc chamber(slightly smaller now due to deck job) and 2.02/1.90 valves. It currently has no cam but the springs will take up to a .55 lift. The casting design is an "M" not to be confused with the double hump head. It has power steering and power brakes and is curently siting at stock hieght with some michelin a/t tires on it and centerline rims. The paint could use some work, roof is loosing clearcoat. But its a nice emerald green sprayed thin over a dark blue metallic so it has a tranlucent blue tint under the right lighting. As you know these trucks have some of the most stable suspensions known with thier rear trailing arms and stout A arms. It's a swb Stepside pickup... and the gas tank has been relocated to the spare tire spot under the bed, and the spare with matching rim is firmly locked in the bed. It has a black bedliner freshly sprayed and the fill for the gas tank is on the bedwall near the back, easily accesible and out of sight as far as body curves are concerned. It needs a windshield but i already have the gaskets to put it in. It also has new side window seals and gaskets for the whole door. The truck does not have a/c but an underdash unit fixes that real easily and fairly cheap. Like I said ill prbably have to sell it soon. I have no clue waht to ask for it or what to sell with it. . the floorboards are 100% rust free i sanded them cleaned, treated, and painted them myself. It could use some carpet work though. Ive got about 5k in it in cash and conutless hours in labor. O yeah, it's in San Antonio Texas. I have more pictures, email me for them.
Any ideas on worth would help. I havnt found anythign quite like it on the market so theres not much comparison.
Attached Images

Last edited by Jackal2k9; 02-13-2003 at 01:02 AM.
Jackal2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:05 AM   #2
spinning wheels

I recently saw a SWB stepside selling for 14K. It had a 402, turbo 400, tach inst panel, and the cst package. It was a turn key truck. I also saw a lwb with a SBC/700r combo. Very nice truck. It was selling for 8K. This was in Southern Calif. Not sure if these prices are realistic in the rest of the country or Canada. Check out Truck trader and e-Bay or even Hemming's. Good luck
Old 02-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #3
Jackal2k9

Whoa

I thought it was worth 7 at the most but probably only 6.... The trucks just barely getting up on having the stuff any other newer vehicle at the same price would. TY much
Jackal2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote