The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
toddoky

Mandrel bent 304SS dual exhaust for 79' C20

I thought this project may be useful for others looking for an exhaust system for their truck. Being that my truck is a 3/4 ton long-bed, the availability of a high quality off-the-shelf exhaust system is hard to find, so I used the new Hooker 73'-87' LS swap short bed system as the foundation to create something that I am not able to buy. All in all, the installation was pretty straight forward, with the exception of needing to extend the over-axle tubes by 6", making and installing the 22" extension tubes in front of the mufflers and adapting the inlet pipes of the system to connect to the existing headers on my truck. I adapted the Hooker LS swap transmission crossmember into the truck as well to provide the high arch clearances needed to be able to route the system completely above the frame as it is. All I have left to do is to fabricate the rear hangers for the truck that will connect to the hanger rods on the tailpipes that you can see are currently not connected to anything.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote