The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
dnights

48 3600 eyesore.

Well i have been lurking here for a while and decide that it might be good to post my build. i have been on other sites before and many might have seen this truck or one of the five that i have been working on. this build has been going on for almost two years now. last summer was the teardown and was finishing that up before i left because of work at another location.

so to explain the build a little. its a 1948 chevy 3600 that I bought while i was visiting my parents in Iowa. sorta titled, actually have issues with that. more a pain than anything. it started out as a present to my self as the ex wife told me i could never accomplish the build myself. well maybe she is right....not really. i have been upset and frustrated and been on the verge of selling it many times but i still have it so its time to keep going on it. the engine was originally stuck and i wanted to go to a v8 so i took it out. i even tried giving it away and noone was interested so it got scrapped. along with other parts of the truck that could not been repaired or with out spending a arm and a leg. already pulled the original rearend out and put a 70 chevelle rear with 3.73 gears in it. i have to finish putting that in. but here are the pictures. i will update as much as i can. this build will be busy in about two weeks and then it will die for about 6 months but it will start again.
Attached Images

dnights is offline   Reply With Quote