The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
IWanna49

True Grit- '51 AD/S10 swap

Hello everyone! I've been a long time reader/looker here and finally acquired one of my dream projects. As a kid I never really had any long, long term dreams other than restoring an old car when I "got older." I was a teen of the '80's and always loved the ZZ Top car.

After coming across this forum, I fell in love with the AD trucks and the 41-46 ones as well. The rest, as they say, is history.

This will be my first step into the resto/build arena. I wanted to thank a few of the members here for their guidance, knowledge and patience over the last year with the dozens of questions I've had so far, with many more to come I'm sure! 99toLife and Skymangs have helped more than they know, as have the build threads of countless others (oldman, orrieg, kim57, coulter, dubie, sgtusmc, chizzler, youngrodder and countless others). The talent here is simply amazing.

My plans are to build a truck that's safe, reliable/dependable and keeps most of the OG styling with a modern drivetrain. Mix that in a blender with my personality and creativity and see what shakes out. I want it low and loud and probably with the original patina. There's just something that I love about rust and chrome!!
Attached Images

IWanna49 is offline   Reply With Quote