The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #101
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 84 Crew Cab Rebuild

Nice progress, and good score on some parts.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #102
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

Thanks Diesel

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #103
GmtGmt

A little update

got alot of body work done on the left side but still has some sanding to do

repaired the Right Cab corner and inner.

Repaired the only rust in the right rocker panels still have some welding and grinding to do but its getting there just primed it for now.

also got some it almost welded up at the roof part but for more at the front door sadly

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #104
GmtGmt

little update

got alot of parts the last few weeks
my order from LMC has arived headlights halogen sadly seal beam wanted with bulbs oh well they where only 9 dollers a piece.
tail gate lights, hood release cabel, lower coolent hose, headlight addjuster screws 8pc, door locks and a new left side marker old was damaged, the 4 point mirror i ordered and thought it was a set but was only one lol nice quality stain less steel expet the mirrior part it self needs mods to fit what can you expect from universal mirror for 29 bucks lol just got order the second one now.

got all 4 brake shoes reshoed cheap and roters turned
repacked the bearings in tge hubs and new seals (timkin).
got new O-rings for Oil coolers pipes/hoses and hydroboost hoses 15 in total

also scored these remote control tire presure and heat sensors from old rims we where cleaning out the atic at work also got the display just forgot it at work. think this is a great little detail

pics of my seats got to get them sent out for a rebuild just looking for the right shop with the right price also want heat build into them theres nothing better in the winter time

What is the wire for ????

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 08-26-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #105
GmtGmt

i have taken a decision as i have run aground here on body work and havent gotten anything done the last couple of weeks lack of motivation.

im going to talk to a person i know that does body work give me a price on repair the rest of rust on it make it ready for bondo, primer etc

Quote:
Old 08-27-2010, 02:51 PM   #106
Matt Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
i have taken a decision as i have run aground here on body work and havent gotten anything done the last couple of weeks lack of motivation.

im going to talk to a person i know that does body work give me a price on repair the rest of rust on it make it ready for bondo, primer etc
how much more bodywork is needed after the cab?
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #107
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Man View Post
how much more bodywork is needed after the cab?
have the repair the dually fenders and repair a big dent in the tail gate
other then that it just sand it down little bondo and prime it nothing major but its the rust in the cab that just draining me from motivation

Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #108
wyattglock

Holy crap you have done a lot! Looks good man! I used to work in a body shop about 13 years ago, had to pay off some welding work on a 350 S-10 swap I did. I can definitely relate to you on how drained you feel.
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 AM   #109
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattglock View Post
Holy crap you have done a lot! Looks good man! I used to work in a body shop about 13 years ago, had to pay off some welding work on a 350 S-10 swap I did. I can definitely relate to you on how drained you feel.
thanks im not a good welder, i can weld so it can hold but thats it i cant weld nice to be good at body work

Quote:
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #110
wyattglock

I know what you mean about welding, that is why I had to pay off the work that was done. I am trying to get a little more welding under my belt, and I think this truck is going to be the thing to let me accomplish that. Keep it up and it will payoff.
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #111
GmtGmt

little update

got my oil cooler lines mounted had to bend the to long once to clear my electric fans came out good with new o-rings

i think the white/gray battery trays fits great a colour change in the engine bay red engine black fenders and white/gray add-ons

these are they 4 point towing mirros from LMC they fit horrorbel but got them to work and for the price i dont complain had to mod them abit to get them to fit good btw they are stainless steel

had to bend them here in a vise

got my rear end all together again with new material on the brake shoes, turned drums and new wheel cylinders there was nothing wrong with the old once but they where cheap so i might as well do it now

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 09-01-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #112
Matt Man

nice update didnt you just paint that rear end?

Old 09-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #113
GmtGmt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Man View Post
nice update didnt you just paint that rear end?
i had the cover off to drain the old oil and take a look at how the gears looked like and hoped to find a locker or posi
i though i might as well clean the cover up and paint it diffrent then rest of the axle.

Quote:
Old 09-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #114
GmtGmt

Just got home with some parts
a Powersteering pump
a New type Master Cylinder sadly dosent fit hydroboost models
Dually hub cab i was missing one
the roof part i need to finsish the cab this is from a 83 suburban that had rear end damage.
and the plastic throttle support i was missing.

also bought a rust free hood and Passenger rear door, blue tinted bug shield and a big ass Grill gard that with push pads will get pics when i pic it all up

Quote:

Last edited by GmtGmt; 09-04-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:24 AM   #115
GmtGmt

Little Update

got my Patch panel weled in and started body work
now it is officaly RUST FREE

redneck ingenuity this master cylinder looks 10 times better then the old ugly metal canister and also give it the newer look i like
im thinking of getting it the master cylinder case turned down abit and the bore in the hydroboost lagre other then that its good

my old mastercylinder was toast i had to use over 290 PSI to get the secound piston out

Quote:
Old 09-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #116
GmtGmt

waiting on some parts to arive from US but body work is almost done started to pull some wires thruh the firewall

Quote:
Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #117
iPartCars.com

i probably have a better dually hubcap laying around...which one did you need?? just the rear?
iPartCars.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #118
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #119
GmtGmt

Pushed her out side to do some shop cleaning and clean her abit
mounted the front clip also

Painted my washer fluid bottle its was getting quite ugly

looks good with my 2 eletrical fans

Here she it inside the shop going to mount the wiring harness and going to fire it up she has been asleep since 10-2-09

Quote:
Old 09-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #120
Matt Man

shweet Do you have a bed for it already?

Old 09-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #121
GmtGmt

oh yes its at a friends place just wating with some peices of the old cab i still need to haul off

it just dosent fit in the shop if its mounted well the truck dosent fit in the shop really its a really tight scwese

Name:  P7040002_800x600.jpg
Views: 2157
Size:  69.5 KB

Quote:
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #122
Matt Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmtGmt View Post
oh yes its at a friends place just wating with some peices of the old cab i still need to haul off

it just dosent fit in the shop if its mounted well the truck dosent fit in the shop really its a really tight scwese

Attachment 636574
cant wait to see this thing finished!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:37 PM   #123
78BO

Hey so whats up with this build?
Old 12-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #124
GmtGmt

havent been at the shop and work on for a month didnt really want to work on it for some time i have been at it for over a year now, i got a new dayli driver so i can take a breake on this to make it right and proberly redo some shortcuts i did and do it like i really want it.

2WD to 4WD conversion might be comming in the near future Dana 70 Front axle and Dana 80HD from a dodge ram dually, why not go bigger lol

also maby a engine tweak..

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #125
78BO

Man, I know it sucks sometimes but don't stop now. You've already got way too much money and time in it. Atleast get it drivable. Honestly, I couldn't have come close to doing what you have done so far. I never could do wires. Just looking at that harness would have been the end of it. I'd turn it into a BBQ pit! lol