The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
BCOWANWHEELS

How to deal with someone who cheats

How do you fellas think i should deal with a fella who advertises a part for sale, posts picture that doesnt show its incomplete deliberatly, has me send part back then will not contact me, will not answer pm,s and has both my money and part. I,ve tried to contact josh but he will not respond. Now i have to resort to this. Doest this site condone this kind of behavior ????
Sincerely
bb cowan
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #2
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: How to deal with someone who cheats

Contact a moderator or use the report post function located below your avatar. It will be dealt with, I'm sorry to hear about that happening to you. Just remember Josh is running a website with 59,000 members, it takes a little time to get to everything.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan
Old 10-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #3
70cst

Hey BCOWANWHEELS ... Please repport this to one of the Adminstrators and see whatcan be done. Also you might be better off on the Review forum. I do some checking for you. Best of luck.

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

The proper thing to do is contact a member of the staff and provide all vital info.They will do all they can to get the problem resolved.We would also request that such posts be placed in the Bad Deals forum,which is where I have moved this.To answer your question:No,we absolutely don`t condone this type of behavior.I`m sure you could have answered that question yourself,as you`ve been here long enough to witness for yourself just how trustworthy this place is to buy and just how hard we work to keep it that way.Usually,when a member sees they are fingered in the Bad Deals forum,the reality of them possibly no longer having this site to be a part of it drives home the fact that they better get this straightened out.It also helps others from making the same mistake,if the seller is in fact a bum dealer.We do all we can,go as far as we or any member.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Mudder

I believe Josh and Liz have been gone this weekend.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #6
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

You deal with it by going through the proper channels. Posting in several of the sellers ad is not the correct way to do it, nor is this post.

This information was provided to you when you made the negative posts in plzsale09 ads.

We completely understand your frustrations and have been doing what we are capable of to have this rectified.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
Old 10-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOWANWHEELS View Post
How do you fellas think i should deal with a fella who advertises a part for sale, posts picture that doesnt show its incomplete deliberatly, has me send part back then will not contact me, will not answer pm,s and has both my money and part. I,ve tried to contact josh but he will not respond. Now i have to resort to this. Doest this site condone this kind of behavior ????
Sincerely
bb cowan
You PMd Josh at 12:31 AM today, and posted this thread at 12:37 AM. I am glad you chose not to call me as in the past.. but good Lord we do need more than a 6 minute time frame to answer you. If you would had read this section, you would had seen a post pertaining to this seller already. As well as sticky posts telling you what this section is for. So ya.. if you want to think or suggest we condone theft and bad sales, have at it. Its essentially calling us thieves and I truly do not appreciate that. I suggest that if you have been burnt to call the local police and discuss it with them at this point. We obviously can not do anything else for you.
Closed Thread