The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
NC_John

Vintage Air with LS Swap - non-pcm control strategy

I'm at the final stages of my ls swap and trying to finish up my vintage air control strategy. I am specifically trying to sort out how to disable the compressor on both wide open throttle and/or a predetermined high rpm setpoint. Vintage air does not include these functions in their very limited controls and like most vintage air users, I am controlling it independent of the pcm.

I can't seem to find an output(s) on the pcm that is/are activated by either of those conditions so it appears I need to do it externally. (I did run a spare wire along with the pcm harness in case there is a signal I can use).

For the wide-open throttle disable I found this from Nitrous Express. I can simply use the provided relay in series with the compressor contol signal to cut it off on wide open throttle.

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/oldweb..._autolearn.pdf

Any ideas on how I can get the high rpm limit disable set up? Maybe through a shift light style logic?

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote