The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #26
Redline novdog

Re: Anyone remember the old street rod frame clip

I am the one in question.i believe. I sorry yes I remember the old school clips. Then on to the other part of the thread. You have a pile of parts you want to Frankenstein,that's all good .I have read many of your threads and posts. You are a very knowledgeable and capable person and could pull this off no problem. this frame clip was in necessity back then.Not needed now. If I ticked you off sorry, but that is my opinion,Use your craft to build above. I guess the reaction from the forum caught me off guard to. If this the way it's going I'm out!!
Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #27
67 chevelle

Please do one , you mention "I have had thoughts about the Suburban/Avalanche frame cause I do love the way they ride. [The Avalanche frame is the same as the Suburban] " , if you go this route , give us model years and track width and wheel base dimensions , as I would seriously consider duplicating what sounds like an awesome project , my current project is an ls equipped 67 , cut 12 inches , but leaving the back of the bed alone , making a 7 foot bed , cab should be out of paint jail next week , this is what we do as hobbyist making this trucks more driver friendly at current highway speeds and stopping distances , disc drakes is one think most do to make these trucks stop quicker in our crazy traffic
69 Long Fleet , Custom , 6.0, 4l60 , AC , Medium Olive

Last edited by 67 chevelle; 10-25-2015 at 06:46 PM.
67 chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #28
Clavo106

"50cent told me, go 'head,*switch*the style up. And if they hate then let 'em hate and*watch the money*pile up.*"

imo.. I do like a original truck in good condition not to be chopped up.. BUT in this instance your speaking to ratrod hotrod builds parts for different year that u have laying around that are not doing much but taking up space in your shop and nobody wants.. to me once the truck is cut even lb to sb its custom... its not a sb becuz its not a orignal... i can under stand of its a rare ity item but these trucks are a dime a duzon. and if buy rare parts is yourthing your paying high price for a very long restored project..personally i would like to drive the truck at some point and injoy it.. .. I say go for it.. u where going cut it anyway and u have parts and i do like to see different ways of doing things..
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:45 PM   #29
swamp rat

If you build it they will come....... Nuff said? Go for it! just come back here with the build link.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 chevelle View Post
... this is what we do as hobbyist making this trucks more driver friendly at current highway speeds and stopping distances , disc drakes is one think most do to make these trucks stop quicker in our crazy traffic
Ok, this is what I react to, sorry. This notion that a 71/72 needs to be modernized to drive in today's world is pure bunk. Do it because you want to, but by no means does anyone 'have to'. If you can't stop one of these with what they came with or they don't drive fast enough, you are going too fast. The national speed limit in '72 was 70 mph. Today in Maryland it's 65! I chose to go with these trucks because I love old trucks, these were only kinda old/yet just as modern as what was out there, and very very hiway friendly with the cushiest ride you would ever find in a truck...even better than newer trucks built over the next 25+ years. Nothing has changed, except people have degenerated. I'm not hopping on their bandwagon and am more than content being the one who mostly runs the RH lane at 65-75 mph with no overdrive. I have driven these trucks from coast to coast and Canada to Mexico. I have enjoyed every mile, over all the years, still do, and can only hope others get the chance to enjoy these trucks to anywhere near the level I have...in total comfort. These aren't Model As.

Back to Jim's topic...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote