The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
cg285

Re: Two Tone BC/CC methods

hahaha i don't care how you want to do it. just answering the original post. however a lot can be accomplished in a 24 hour time span. unless, of course, you are a government worker.
try holding your arms out to your side for 10 minutes. that will seem like a very long time :-)
cg285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
72step

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg285 View Post
hahaha i don't care how you want to do it. just answering the original post. however a lot can be accomplished in a 24 hour time span. unless, of course, you are a government worker.
try holding your arms out to your side for 10 minutes. that will seem like a very long time :-)
I will let your words speak for your mentality.

With that said; I agree that a lot can be accomplished in a 24 hour period; however, this is supposed to be a hobby and working around the clock equals becoming tired and that's when mistakes happen. I want a decent end product and I really don't care if I shoot the whole thing in 24 hours as long as I get it done before winter.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
cg285

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72step View Post
I will let your words speak for your mentality.

With that said; I agree that a lot can be accomplished in a 24 hour period; however, this is supposed to be a hobby and working around the clock equals becoming tired and that's when mistakes happen. I want a decent end product and I really don't care if I shoot the whole thing in 24 hours as long as I get it done before winter.
i will put the first color on a motorhome (equivalent of about 3 trucks) in the morning, wait 4 hours, mask off for the other colors, graphics, etc shoot them in the afternoon, go home, drink, eat and sleep. go to work in the am, pull the paper and clear. i'm not working around the clock either.
and your 24 hour time starts after the first color is completed
Old 08-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
MARTINSR

Quote:
I didn't mean to sound so pissy, we are all different and to someone who has sprayed a few cars doing it all at once is a great way to go. My advice is for someone not so experienced, in a garage that isn't perfectly clean and so on. Do one color at a time and you eliminate a LOT of headaches.

Now with all this info (that is what forums are for, getting different ways is part of it) it can be decided which way to go.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
cg285

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post

Now with all this info (that is what forums are for, getting different ways is part of it) it can be decided which way to go.

Brian
well i'm not too sure how an amateur decides who to believe on these forums. i usually see things like: my truck won't start - and then the bs starts

A says it needs a module
B says it needs a coil
C says it needs a fuel pump
D says it needs spark plugs
E says it needs a complete overhaul
...... and here we go.
so after he replaces a ton of stuff he finds out he is out of fuel hahaha
Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
MARTINSR

Quote:
well i'm not too sure how an amateur decides who to believe on these forums. i usually see things like: my truck won't start - and then the bs starts

A says it needs a module
B says it needs a coil
...... and here we go.
There is a big difference in someone giving a WRONG answer and someone simply giving another way to do it that works. Usually the people who know what they are talking about will explain why it's wrong so the newbe understands.

But we all do it to some extent while putting on my convertible top for the first time. I ignored a suggestion because I thought I understood it different and it ended up biting me in the butt. So though we can do some amazing things because of this internet thing but it isn't perfect.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
72step

Quote:

A says it needs a module
B says it needs a coil
...... and here we go.
I would like to say that paint and body is a bit different. If your truck won't start then there's one right way to fix it and that is to pin point the problem replace the part etc. With paint and body there is more than one way to skin the cat. Certain protocols will be considered wrong to some while might work for others etc. There's theoretically no wrong or right way to do a lot of things in the paint and body world. If you achieve the end product you desire is where you did it right regardless of what methods and protocols you used.
72step is offline   Reply With Quote