The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
Z11WEAVER

Control arms, coilovers and more. Recommended???

Considering to go with a 1.5" or 2" sectioned factory C10 engine crossmember on a 72 C10 vs. one of the expensive kits. (bank account isn't large) Have been leaning towards installing a pr of Tubular Control arms with 3" drop coil overs and 2.5" drop spindles with factory 73-80 C10 disc. Ive also been told to look into MMW control arms as well. Plans are to eventually upgrade to an affordable power rack setup. Engine is a 6.0/4L80. What control arms do you recommend? I see CPP and POL offer tubular arms with coilovers. Then I see quite a few talking great things about Porterbuilt arms due to clearance. Trying to keep cost low, but also dont want to compromise, clearance, compatibility, quality, ease of fitment over $$$ and safety. Any care to share experiences or recommendations?
Attached Images

Z11WEAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
68Stepbed

Re: Control arms, coilovers and more. Recommended???

What is your end goal? By the time you mix and match a bunch of parts from different companies, you may end up with an ill-handling truck with mismatched geometry. Also, you may not save as much as you think over just buying a whole kit to start with.

I suggest shopping around, get price lists together, and add up EVERYTHING and see where your totals are. Then look at complete kits and see what they're total pricing is. I think you'll be surprised.

I'm going to make my shameless plug for TCI Engineering since that's what on my truck. Call and ask Evan Dalley for the Slick special.

https://totalcostinvolved.com/produc...o-touring-ifs/

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 07:08 AM   #3
catch2otwo

I just installed the ridetech coilover front kit in my 73. Everything fit together great, easy to install. Dono what else to say.
catch2otwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 01:01 PM   #4
sauxs

Catch,
How much ground clearance to do you have on the lowest point of the frontend? I am considering ridetech also.
Thanks,
Steve
sauxs is offline   Reply With Quote