The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
jdurant

Got a new project!!!

Just wanted to let everybody know that Ken's (N2TRUX) Blazer is in good hands. It will stay on the board.
I decided to quit playing around and really take my squarebody fascination to the next level. I really fell in love with this platform with my bronze and white Blazer and have been planning on doing an lsx swap, and suspension, but it was gonna be a long expensive road. So when I noticed Ken's Blazer for sale--I figured I couldn't afford not to buy it, or atleast that's how I sold it to my beautiful, understanding wife.
So, I will be putting the bronze and white one up for sale pretty soon to clear a little room. I do have too many projects already, but this one actually takes priority. I will start working on it in the next couple of weeks. I hope to get it back together and driveable in the next few months before I send it off to paint. I'm super excited about this thing.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
jdurant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Re: Got a new project!!!

Man that is super cool!!!

Ken plans long and hard and makes things as nice as they come.. So you are doing the right thing, That will be a very sweet blazer and I was sad that Ken was selling it, but happy that someone on here got it.. Now when you get it you know you better put it in the projecet builds and keep us posted on it.

Trav
tvblazer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
menace121978

sweet!! congrats man... i actually tried to sell my loving wife on that blaze but the words "finish kitchen remodel" kept getting thrown in the one sided conversation! LOL oh well, at least most of the hard stuffs done. Dennis

1978 Silverado (2wd, 1/2 ton, short bed)complete nut & bolt frame off restomod LQ9/4L80E
MY LS SWAP/FRAME OFF BUILD BOOK

2006 TBSS way too much to list
menace121978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Congratulations on the new project. I have no doubt your buyers remorse was just as strong as my sellers was. Regardless, we both know you got a LOT of bang for your buck. It will take time and money to finish it up, but you are miles ahead with a very solid platform.

Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 03-16-2009 at 11:10 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
f.monroe

Thats cool that it went to a board member . Congrats on the purchese/project ! I am sure that thing was headed for a magazine cover so you should have an awesome Blazer when you get it done . I have been looking at Blazers lately but I have way too many trucks to even think about a Blazer , or any other vehicle for that matter . I will be checking for progress pics so keep the camera handy .
Frank
Old 03-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
factory2wdblazer's

you got your self one hell of a deal.....money well spent........
factory2wdblazer's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
bigblock73
yeller

Sweet, glad it is in the hands of someone who knows what they have and will take good care of it.

Post progress pics as you go.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
jdurant

Thanks guys. I will definately keep everyone posted.
I got it home Saturday. The weather was nasty all weekend. I will go through everything this weekend and take pictures for a starting point. I'm sure some of those will end up in the thread.

The statement I made about my wife wasn't sarcasm. She really is great and unlike alot of women--she has the ability to think logically(not that other's wives don't). I think she could see that this was the best route too. And truth be told, we've been planning a kitchen renovation since we moved into this house four years ago. I just wish that my shop was finished. I've been waiting on a metal building hookup (family member across town) since I finished my asphault in January. So for now at least it's under a car port. So no, the timing wasn't the best, but I saw a deal and I jumped on it.

Buyers remorse? Not as much as you might think. I mean, yeah that money could have gone elsewhere, and thats alot of money for a car that is that far from finished. But as long as it doesn't burn to the ground when I hook up the battery--I got a helluva deal. There are things done, that I frankly just wouldn't have thought to do, or atleast I would have cut some corners. There are a few things that I will change to make it my own, but not much at this point. Thats why I didn't much feel the need to negotiate. In fact, I'm really surprised it lasted as long as it did--I guess it's hard to pull the trigger with our current economic funk. I was barely on the board Dec-Feb, and didn't even know that it was for sale. I would have been sick if it sold without knowing it was available. It was the perfect project for me and I was the perfect buyer for Ken.

Frank brings up my biggest concern. Hopefully my finished product will live up to the great foundation I've got now.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd

Last edited by jdurant; 03-17-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Very cool, that's good that your happy with it..
Old 03-17-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
sqrbdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdurant View Post
The statement I made about my wife wasn't sarcasm. She really is great and unlike alot of women--she has the ability to think logically(not that other's wives don't)
Was your wife standing over your shoulder while you were typing that?

Congrats on your purchase, I was very interested in it myself. That blazer was headed down the same path mine currently is and most of the work was done. The smoothies are a nice touch and I was thinking of doing them myself, but they are so very hard to pull off. Anyway, I guess it's back to work on mine time. If you make any shows let me know, it would be cool to meet you.

sqrbdy myspace
sqrbdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
85sqbdy

Got any ideas on what your going to be asking for the bronze and white one? I'll be lookin for a tow rig soon. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's been lookin at that one.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
crawdadfox

Location: New Orleans Louisiana.....a great place to visit but you wouldn't want to live here!!!

Congrats...that was a steal of a deal!
Old 03-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
jdurant

Quote:
Was your wife standing over your shoulder while you were typing that?
No, just in my head. She has a way of doing that.

And no, I haven't really put a price on the bronze one yet. I've been think about it alot though. I'm in the middle of really freshening it up though, so there will be alot of new parts. I will post in the for sale section here, before I advertise it anywhere else. So keep a look out.

sqrbdy-I will definately let you know. Car shows-that is getting a little ahead though. I will definately drive one of my fleet to some events this season-doubtful I would enter anything though. I almost always go to the Long Horn Rod Run thing which is in your neck of the woods. Let me know if your going to any Sat. night drive ins or anything, I'll do the same. Heck, I work in Humble and would like to see your progress anyway, so....
Oh, and the smoothies. That was Ken that posted that. That's not exactly what I've got in mind. Check out the thread that I am about to post in the truck section to see my plans for wheels.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd

Last edited by jdurant; 03-18-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
Cherub

Definatly let me know when you sell the bronze one.

Congrats on the new purchase. Its one hellofa project.
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #15
Chevyrod

I think you got a great deal as well. Keep us posted on the progress!!!
Chevyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

I'm glad to see that this thing is staying within the relm of the board. Good luck with the new project! You know we can't wait to see where this thing ends up.

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #17
jdurant

I have been real busy the past couple weeks and haven't had time to update. I just didn't want to leave everybody hanging. I've been trying to finish up a couple of projects. I just found out that my wife's got a bun in the oven! Therefore we have definately got some changes to make before our new bundle of joy arrives in 8 months--including finding a bigger house,or really renovating and adding on to ours. So, needless to say this is gonna drastically slow things down on the Blazer build.
That being said, I did get a little done last weekend. I didn't even take a picture of it before I got into it, but there wasn't a whole lot of dissasembly other than pulling the drivetrain and the suspension. I tore it down to the frame and finish welded the front all up. This is what it looks like now. I'm about to start my build thread, so check there for progess.

87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Looks good man and good news to you for being a new dad!
Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 PM   #19
jdurant

Thanks man. Just because I've never posted pics of them before--Here is a pic of my wife and our other offspring. She is the apple of my eye. Right now it is hard for me to think about her sharing my affection. It's just wierd, you know, she has been the absolute center of my world for the last 21 months (she's big).
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd

Last edited by jdurant; 04-14-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #20
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Good looking family...

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #21
tvblazer78
Low & Fast!

Yes it is...
Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
jdurant

Thanks guys. I am blessed for sure. Mom isn't looking at me in that one, but I took about 40 cell phone pics and that is the only one where Rowan isn't a blur. She doesn't stop for a second.
87 GMC Sierra SWB
82 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd