The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #1
44boggers

American in Austria 83 Build

Hey guys,

I figured I would start a build thread. I am an American living full time in Austria. I have owned 2 other 81-87 pickups, a c30 and a k20 (which is now a rock crawler)

Anyway, the truck I have here is a 83 C10 with a 305/700r4 and a cracked frame! That was extra. The truck is not in bad conditioning by any means, just some shautty ass work from the previous owner to fix frame cracks and some body damage. Check out some of the purty welding the last owner accomplished.

The plan for the truck, powder coat the frame, CCP front suspension (2" coils and spindles), the previous owner already put in 6'' shackles in the back (not sure what that gets me for lowered inches). Rebuild the 305 a bit, runs fine, but I am going to put a cam, heads, intake, headers, dual exhaust and probably go with EZ EFI. I am putting a boyd tank in the rear. Basically its a full resto with modifications. Going to run either 18's or 20's, probably the boss 338 wheels. I am also running all Wilwood brakes, front and year with their proportioning valve. Well No need to list any more, you will see as I go. I am pretty excited to get this going. I have a fair amount done so far. The Frame is at powder coating at the moment, so in the mean time its cleaning and painting.

I have wanted to do a restoration like this for many years, just didnt have the time or the place to do it. Who would of thought I would have the right place to do it living in Austria.

Enjoy guys.
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote