The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Lots of WTB Masked for sale stuff lately by ...

I'm sure seeing a lot of WTB and for sale stuff by non subscribers lately. Also seeing a lot of WIW threads that to me are just masked for sale items by non subscribers. Most of them are newbies, but others should know the rules by now. One person (not new, non sub) said he couldn't find the for sale area ???

Just seems odd, kinda like when we get spammed in bunches at a time

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
YBNORML

Re: Lots of WTB Masked for sale stuff lately by ...

To be honest. This stuff really annoys me. The rules are there when you sign up and we don't go more than a few days with a post being locked and having the usual statement explaining the rules. In my opinion there's no excuse for not knowing the rules.

68’ GMC shortbox
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=794201

72' 2WD Blazer
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=425385

67' LongBox C-10
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=691845

InstaGram ybnorml67
YBNORML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

That's been happening a long time. I usually report it if I think it's obvious.

What's been bothering me is that now that photobucket is jacked up, our main page looks like poo because most of the reference threads show the photobucket error pic
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #4
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

What's even more remarkable is these WTB threads are sometimes being answered by members that have been here as long or longer than me. I see that and smack my head wondering what the hell dude, you know the rules too.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #5
mrtoni

I hate the sales by pm that is also prohibited. No one cares
mrtoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:00 PM   #6
crakarjax

Why is it even possible to post for-sale without subscribing? I never tried, just assumed that it wasn't possible.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:39 PM   #7
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
Why is it even possible to post for-sale without subscribing? I never tried, just assumed that it wasn't possible.
I don't think a non-subscriber is able to post in the classified sections. What they are doing is posting F/S, WTB, WIW in the General forums. When that happens, it should be reported so a Mod can edit it. As if the Mods don't have better things to spend their time on.....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #8
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I report it all the time. Im starting to feel like a tattle tail lol

The 58 Chevy looking to figure out what his truck is worth ... Easily can turn in to a sale.

There are reasons for doing things the way we do. I dont know jack about running a message board, but I doubt it brings in a ton of dough

especially since everything has become so watered down with ten zillion social media places available.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:19 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
I can tell you for a fact that it is hard to keep up with it sometimes, unless you are on here 24hrs a day. It sure doesn't help when people that know better add to the problem and it happens a lot. I just had one the other day where a Pinkie posted a for sale item and a member with 6,000 posts replied "Message sent". He should have told him that he had to be a subscribing member to post for sale items instead of PMing him about buying it...

Oh well, I do what I can....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 10-19-2017 at 09:24 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #10
Advanced Design

Appreciate what all the mod's do. Kind of a thankless job as I recall from my experience with different forums.

I've been noticing spam posts in a thread. Guys are, for example, discussing seats and the next post is a link to some sale on computer equipment. How do we report that single post? Apologies I haven't searched how to.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #11
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Doug.....LockDoc had to straighten me out on reporting...if you look down at the bottom of the page right beside where it says your online.. there's a red triangle with a black line in it...click on that on the offending posters reply and it'll take you to a reporting screen...

Last edited by mongocanfly; 10-19-2017 at 09:47 PM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #12
Advanced Design

OK I see it. Thanks mongo!
Old 10-20-2017, 06:06 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
That's been happening a long time. I usually report it if I think it's obvious.

What's been bothering me is that now that photobucket is jacked up, our main page looks like poo because most of the reference threads show the photobucket error pic
That Photobucket thing has a fix now. There's a thread here on it. Too bad each viewing individual has to read it and install. WTB K/20 hubcaps It would be great if there was a way for the website to fix it from their end Send PM

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-26-2017 at 07:58 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #14
95 S_Trucker

It's not just for sale ads and WIW posts, There are members putting posts in wrong sections, too.

Right now in the general off topic section we have people asking about issues with an older non GM truck(we have an alternative tinkering forum for that). We have someone asking about valve covers(we have an engine forum for that). We have someone asking about shop lights(we have a tool and shop forum for that). We have someone asking about rocker panels(we have a paint and bodywork forum for that). We have someone asking about ground clearance a 4wd truck(we have a 4WD forum for that). We have someone asking why their truck is all over the road after changing suspension components(we have a suspension forum for that).

I would say that 1/2 to 2/3 of the threads in general off topic forum are in the wrong place.

To all the people that aren't quite sure on where to post, go to this page, and read all the sub forums we have. There are a lot.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/

That is the page I use as my home page when I browse the forums here.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #15
A1971Blazer

Personally, I don't do it, but I think that one reason people will post in the "General Discussion" section is that there is a lot more traffic there than some of the topic-specific areas.

"General Discussion" is usually the first section I look at when I first get on...I own a K/5 Blazer so that is the next one....

After that I may look at others and since the trucks and K/5s share so many parts, I look in the classifieds at both...

when I look at some of the others, it's obvious that there just isn't as much traffic there....

I'm not defending or condoning...just offering up a reason why some out-of -place threads get posted there.

Also if I see a for sale, wtb, or wiw from a non paying member..I usually reply with an explanation of the rules...
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer
A1971Blazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:04 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

It's "General Discussion", so that allows a lot of leeway. I mean the title suggests anything goes. I don't have a beef with this. It's not like there are so many posts that others get bumped off before they have run their coarse. The issue is more with a question not getting a better answer in a more specific forum than causing an issue here.

I'd like to see the Event type forums changed to being sub-forums in General* Discussion. Those forums are seldom seen as it is.

* Speaking of General, I'm looking for the "G" hood letter from my '72

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-26-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #17
95 S_Trucker

If people would be aware of the other sections, they would get more traffic.

Quote:
Use this forum for Jokes (please keep them clean) and general off topic discussion
I would say this is general off topic, but if its an engine, shop, bodywork, 4wd, for sale, WIW, it should be in its respected place, not off topic, it has a topic.

I'm not trying to start an argument or a debate. It would be nice to see some of this stuff in the appropriate forum.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #18
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Alternate tinkerings is for "build threads" for pretty much anything non GM, not "how do I change the brakes on my Camry" :P

Pretty awesome part of the forum, I enjoy a lot of the threads in there, we have A LOT of very talented forum members.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #19
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
It's not just for sale ads and WIW posts, There are members putting posts in wrong sections, too.

Right now in the general off topic section we have people asking about issues with an older non GM truck(we have an alternative tinkering forum for that). We have someone asking about valve covers(we have an engine forum for that). We have someone asking about shop lights(we have a tool and shop forum for that). We have someone asking about rocker panels(we have a paint and bodywork forum for that). We have someone asking about ground clearance a 4wd truck(we have a 4WD forum for that). We have someone asking why their truck is all over the road after changing suspension components(we have a suspension forum for that).

I would say that 1/2 to 2/3 of the threads in general off topic forum are in the wrong place.

To all the people that aren't quite sure on where to post, go to this page, and read all the sub forums we have. There are a lot.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/

That is the page I use as my home page when I browse the forums here.

Part of the problem on that is that there are no Moderators assigned to the GD forum. I read it almost every day but I wouldn't get anything else done if I tried to keep up with it. I still spend a lot of time working in the shop so I don't always have a lot of time in the evenings...... I generally deal with blatant problems that are reported but that's about it.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:15 PM   #20
crakarjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It would be great if there was a way for the website to fix it from their end
There is! I posted about it right when the problem happened, but nobody cared to take action on it... seems to be a trend here.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #21
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

as a mod here it gives me something to do.. otherwise id be out in my garage working on stuff and that gets expensive

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #22
Advanced Design

Guys, where ever someone posts, I am just glad they do post. I haven't been here long compared to many members, and it seems to me we have less action with new posts (especially build threads) than we use to have. While I haven't researched any data regarding post count, there doesn't seem to be as much going on.

Facebook gets a lot of traffic with questions on "how do I..."? Or, look at what I built today. It isn't good for documenting the "how to" or steps taken on a build, or a complex upgrade. That is where our forum here shines

So, while folks may not post in the right spot, I hope they continue participating and support keeping this forum going.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
special-K
Special Order

As far as the original masking WIW and WTB in posts issue goes, I am looking just for don't a 67 see hood it.

I agree that having good activity here is most important, over all else. This place needs to remain the best solid resource of info for all to see, especially those who ran off to FB and other such things. They may have walked away for the latest trend but they'll be looking back here when they need a real and accurate answer and not 32 maybe I guess someone said info of the week. Being a bit slack in General Discussion doesn't bug me in the way it does in the specific forums. It's true people just aren't looking around to see there is a better place. But, I'm slacked up on reported wrong stuff some just because of lower traffic.

Tim

Last edited by special-K; 10-21-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #24
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
As far as the original masking WIW and WTB in posts issue goes, I am looking just for don't a 67 see hood it.

I agree that having good activity here is most important, over all else. This place needs to remain the best solid resource of info for all to see, especially those who ran off to FB and other such things. They may have walked away for the latest trend but they'll be looking back here when they need a real and accurate answer and not 32 maybe I guess someone said info of the week. Being a bit slack in General Discussion doesn't bug me in the way it does in the specific forums. It's true people just aren't looking around to see there is a better place. But, I'm slacked up on reported wrong stuff some just because of lower traffic.
Reporting someone for posting in the wrong area isn't a bad thing. If the thread gets moved to where they will get the help they seek.

Reporting a thread of someone obviously skirting the rules of buying and selling or just not realizing they are breaking the rules is only fair to those that pay to subscribe.

I also let stuff go all the time though because I think if the thread gets moved it may end up in obscurity to a place that might never see the light of day again.

Its easy to see what areas of the board are kinda meh ... check the thread counts.

I agree though policing the place is a 24/7 job. And if you get too strict people are gonna take there trucks and go play elsewhere.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #25
special-K
Special Order

We should start a thread in the feedback forum to suggest maybe some condensing. Oh well, already mentioned it here People need to look around, but maybe now that doesn't need to be quite so far.

(anyone have buddy buckets...aqua??)

Tim