The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
gmhardwick66

horn wire color

what is the color of the actual wire that connects to the horn its self under the hood. The truck I have did not have horn and no wire in the area that horn mounts. I did eventually find an unexplained wire in the drivers fender well harness that is green. My horn button is not wired as well. I have a Grant GT steering wheel that basically has two male spade terminals to attach wires to. any help is appreciated.
gmhardwick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
sboris

Re: horn wire color

Your on the right track. The horn wire is dark green and is located in the same area as the voltage regulator. Should fit a male spade.
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
gmhardwick66

Re: horn wire color

Thank you so much. Now maybe you can help me with the rest of my horn install. I removed the steering wheel and I can see the two male terminals on the back side of the after market Grant horn button. Now on the coloum in the mix with the turn signal assembly you can see the brass horn ring. There is also a plunger style stud that is spring loaded to be depressed by the factory style horn button. I have checked voltage and there is 12 volts at the brass ring. The plunger its self does still "plunge properly". My question is how to wire the two terminal horn button to the factory brass ring/plunger? Thanks again for your help.
gmhardwick66 is offline   Reply With Quote