The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #1
8man

2 more AD questions

Ok, in case you haven't figured it out, I've started on the 54. My buddy has taken, or more precisely, been given responsibility to come over and work on the 48 if he wants it to move forward. I'm here to help, but I'm not working on it without his sweat in it now.

On each side of the firewall, inside the cab you can see 3 holes, I marked them with blue tape. It looks like they are for something, but I don't know what.

IMG_2054 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

I did a quick look at my47-54 truck assembly manual and it shows the holes, it just doesn't tell me what they are for.

While we are on that picture, there is a panel on the kick panel that is off. What was that for? Should I bolt it back or just weld it up?

And I know I have a lot of floor work to do on this one. Rear cab corners and a spot or two on the cowl and the cab exterior is in pretty good shape otherwise. Don't get me started on the dash! I'll be posting that up soon.

Thanks.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
jweb

Re: 2 more AD questions

The 3 holes are for the inner fender bolts. The large opening on the passenger side is for the heater. Since the heater was optional some trucks have a block off plate. I wouldn’t weld it shut but that’s just my opinion
Posted via Mobile Device
jweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #3
MARTINSR

Now, the left side the inner fender doesn't actually bolt through those holes, it bolts to a bracket that bolts to those holes. On the right side the inner fender bolts directly to the firewall without that bracket.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #4
8man

Thanks guys.
8man is offline   Reply With Quote