The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-16-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Fathers day surprise for me today

I was told by my son that he had a gift for me that I mentioned of wanting a couple years ago and like to have ,,,he found one .

So, I posted a photo of the old one along with the new (used ) one .. He told me he did not pay a new price for it ,,and got a great deal ..

Happy Fathers day to all of you dads on here ,,,a hug or a call on the phone is enough I figure ,,but if you got a gift like I did ,,share it as I would like to see it.

here's mine ..the shiny one ..

Name:  20190616_101043.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  32.6 KB
Old 06-17-2019, 07:22 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Fathers day surprise for me today

Happy Fathers Day. Nice gift. Never seen one like that. It has a parking brake, right? Is the other one your old one?

I have a hand truck that has become one of my most cherished things. I bet I've had that thing 35 years now. Nothing fancy, just a good old truck! It's red steel with white hand grips and silver wheels... patina now. It still has the yellow foil sticker that says "Milwaukee" in script a lot like the power tool company. Made in USA. Still has the original tires, straight tread. Yep, I love that thing. Put it through hell and back. I have ratchet strapped some huge stuff on there just to gain a pair of wheels under big things, like refrigerators, engines, 30' walkboard, 12' brake... more than I remember. I'll use it to load and unload at a swap meet and hide it real good. I don't think I could bring myself to lend it out at this point. Even with a deposit worth double the replacement cost. It's me and that hand truck for life!

I hope you get many years of pleasure from busting your butt (though not nearly as much as without) hauling things on that. Should polish up real nice!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Fathers day surprise for me today

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Happy Fathers Day. Nice gift. Never seen one like that. It has a parking brake, right? Is the other one your old one?

I have a hand truck that has become one of my most cherished things. I bet I've had that thing 35 years now. Nothing fancy, just a good old truck! It's red steel with white hand grips and silver wheels... patina now. It still has the yellow foil sticker that says "Milwaukee" in script a lot like the power tool company. Made in USA. Still has the original tires, straight tread. Yep, I love that thing. Put it through hell and back. I have ratchet strapped some huge stuff on there just to gain a pair of wheels under big things, like refrigerators, engines, 30' walkboard, 12' brake... more than I remember. I'll use it to load and unload at a swap meet and hide it real good. I don't think I could bring myself to lend it out at this point. Even with a deposit worth double the replacement cost. It's me and that hand truck for life!

I hope you get many years of pleasure from busting your butt (though not nearly as much as without) hauling things on that. Should polish up real nice!
Tim.. wow.!!. I was beginning to think that no one loves their hand truck as much as me ,,until you replied.. I like your history about your very needed hand truck.. good reading too...lose that and it;s like losing a friend.
I used to have one of them old feed store hand trucks ..I would use it as a pry bar sometimes to lift heavy things up... bur it was awkward too..and heavy
This hand truck surprised the heck out of me when I looked it up for what it cost new.. ___Magliner Hand Truck cap,,500 lbs ___ ,the son told me after I ask what he paid for it and he told me $50