The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2020, 12:32 PM   #1
jtinpdx

Could use some help - Starting Issues

Hey Folks,
Been a board member for a long time and have always gotten amazing advice here. So, trying again....

I've got a 71 C10 longbed, with it's full drivetrain replaced. Crate 350HO that's not quite 3 years old. Was the turnkey engine so all new accessories too.

The truck won't start again this morning. It's done this a few times lately. Just cranks over and over. So, battery is good. I can smell fuel and the fuel pressure gauge reads 5.5 psi just below the carb, so it's getting fuel. Seems it's not getting spark.

It's been back to the dealership the put the engine in (mistake #1) for this issue a month ago and they replaced the distributor module. Seemed fine. Happened again last week, so I took it back to the same dealer thinking it was a bad module again and everything would be covered. They kept it for a few days and then called and said they finally took a look and it starts fine. I picked it up yesterday. Started fine. Drove great. Parked it.

Now this morning, same exact thing. Cranks great, fuel pressure, won't start. I'm losing my mind.

What can it be?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff
jtinpdx is offline   Reply With Quote