The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
wildbill69

71 Chevy C10 parts truck

I'm thinking of buying a 71 Chevy C10 truck for parts. It doesn't have a motor, tranny, radiator, anything under the hood. The hood is in very good shape. The front fenders are in very good shape with light surface rust. The drivers door is in good shape except that the window crank handle is stripped. The passenger door is good except for a dent at the bottom. The truck has all three original black seat belts and the black visors. It also has the black door panels in pretty decent shape. The windshield and back glass are in good shape and not cracked at all. The cab floor is decent with typical rust on the front sides and in the back cab corners. The bed is shot. No title for this truck. The guy who has this is wanting to sell it with another 71 that is a driver, except that the driver is rough. He is wanting $800 for both. I don't really want the driver because it is not a fixer upper and I would just resell again. I found out that he bought the parts truck for $100 originally, which is a pretty good deal, but I offered him $100 for the parts truck and he is waiting to see if he sells both. I was planning on buying it and taking off the good stuff that I mentioned earlier and taking the rest of the truck to the scrap yard. I would like to get in the used parts business for these trucks, but aren't sure if the demand for parts is around here in Missouri. Does anyone think this truck is worth more than $100 if I want to make a little selling the parts off it? Let me know what you think.

1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne, "Ol' Green"
1995 Chevy Pickup, "Ol' Faithful"
wildbill69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #2
69Chevy3/4ton

Re: 71 Chevy C10 parts truck

scrap prices are high enough that you could probably pay 250, take the parts you need off and then turn around and scrap the rest. youll probably make the 250 back at the scap yard.

Darrell
69Chevy3/4ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #3
rod86
great southern land

Re: 71 Chevy C10 parts truck

you guys talk about these trucks an the parts and buying whole bodies for 100 buks. yet in australia we would be lucky to find just a guard for one of these trucks for less than 200 buks if we needed...
rod86 is offline   Reply With Quote