The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
izzy_Britton

New to me 03 Escalade

I bought this escalade wrecked back in march. Real life gets in the way and my work schedule is a nightmare so it took some time and some horse trading to get the work completed.

Basics:
03 Escalade
101,000 miles
6.0 and 4L80e AWD
Black Exterior
Light tan interior
20" wheels

Damage:
Sandwich Job
Front and rear mostly superficial

Needed:
front bumper assembly
headlights
fog lights
Grille
rear bumper assembly
Right quarter panel was lightly crunched from bumper impact
right quarter repair
right quarter cladding
Light impact on rear deck lid
lower deck lid cladding

I bought and replaced all the parts needed for the repair, but my body work is slow and not so awesome. I could have painted it but my shop is currently a disaster and full of other projects. I ended up doing a little horse trading with a buddy that works in a local body shop. I traded him a 6.0 LQ9 for all the paint and body work. good trade for me, good trade for him.

in the end it came out beautiful in my opinion and now i have a garage queen that i will not be embarrassed to drive on a road trip if i ever take one. Like the rest of my 18 vehicles, i will likely never drive this one either.

The truck is not done, I have a few minor things to add. I am on the hunt for a very specific radio. i want a "mech-less" android based double din stereo. i want to upgrade all the speakers, and add a 10 inch sub in the deleted factory location in the very rear left cargo area. I would like to dyno-mat or similar treatment everything, under the floor carpet and inside the doors, The truck is quiet now, but just for fun, quieter after i install a decent stereo. Tint the windows, get a black license plate and delete the auto air ride height adjustment thing-a-ma-jig on the rear suspension because the air shocks are toast. I just ordered the complete weathertech floor mat kit to keep the very light tan carpet in good condition. I will be looking for the OEM carpet floor mats to go inside the weathertech floor mats so i have carpet floor mats and an added layer or protection underneath.

I will upload pre-repair photos when i can locate them again.

Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote