The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

WTH is up with Paypal?

Went to pay for something, nope can't do that. So I go to resolve issues.

First they ask for my "smart phone" verification. Then upload a copy my DL. Then they ask me to explain what I sold on Ebay, as if they don't already have the data. And now it asks I upload a copy of my bank statement.......Say What? Heck no, WTH? looks like new requirements.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
RustyPile

Re: WTH is up with Paypal?

Not new requirements, not even paypal.. You've been scammed..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #3
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
Not new requirements, not even paypal.. You've been scammed..
I agree. My Paypal works just fine. No one has sent me anything.And I have two accounts. It's a scam. Report it to Paypal. They have a fraud department.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
Went to pay for something, nope can't do that. So I go to resolve issues.

First they ask for my "smart phone" verification. Then upload a copy my DL. Then they ask me to explain what I sold on Ebay, as if they don't already have the data. And now it asks I upload a copy of my bank statement.......Say What? Heck no, WTH? looks like new requirements.
Hover over the link you were sent. I bet it isn't a URL for Paypal. Probably ought to notify the DMV that you haven't moved yet, too.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:43 PM   #5
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Paypal has never asked me for any of those items and I just made a purchase this morning.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

So here's the deal, I sold a paint gun Ebay, the buyer is from the Philippines. So Paypal has its panties in a bunch and want to understand more about "my business model". Ha, what business model? Those SOB's even REQUIRED I accept their cookies when it says up-front clicking yes means we'll torment you with ads.

My computer is fine, links are genuine, DL is uploaded. I contacted Paypal and they sent me some trash to go through yet. It's not even my deal, Ebay manages the sale, almost positive I clicked non-international, and Paypal contracts with Ebay, what a hassle. Check that, the trash they sent is a repeat of the same, they can KMA @ upload a statement. I wrote them this.......

The instructions you gave me sends me into the same problem. How is it Paypal's business what my account looks like? Have I ever had a problem with a Paypal transaction before? Nope. Do you already know my account number? Yep. Do you contract with Ebay? Yep. You say you want to understand my business model, I don’t have one. Do some research to see what I’ve sold past, it’s your data base. I’d like to speak to a manager, please provide a phone number or email so I can contact them, thanks.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 09-01-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
So here's the deal, I sold a paint gun Ebay, the buyer is from the Philippines. So Paypal has its panties in a bunch and want to understand more about "my business model". Ha, what business model? Those SOB's even REQUIRED I accept their cookies when it says up-front clicking yes means we'll torment you with ads.

My computer is fine, links are genuine, DL is uploaded. I contacted Paypal and they sent me some trash to go through yet. It's not even my deal, Ebay manages the sale, almost positive I clicked non-international, and Paypal contracts with Ebay, what a hassle. Check that, the trash they sent is a repeat of the same, they can KMA @ upload a statement. I wrote them this.......

The instructions you gave me sends me into the same problem. How is it Paypal's business what my account looks like? Have I ever had a problem with a Paypal transaction before? Nope. Do you already know my account number? Yep. Do you contract with Ebay? Yep. You say you want to understand my business model, I don’t have one. Do some research to see what I’ve sold past, it’s your data base. I’d like to speak to a manager, please provide a phone number or email so I can contact them, thanks.
"Speak to a manager!?" You just Karened them!

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 09:36 PM   #8
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
"Speak to a manager!?" You just Karened them!
Never heard of "Karen", had to look that one up. Course it didn't work. They changed their tune some, "shucks, we just need to see the last 4, name and entity". So I gave it to Karen, I mean Paypal.

Stuffs up anyway, I got a message a few days ago come to our attention you "may have" violated Yahoo terms of agreement, do it again it could be death between us. BS I did, I asked, and of course they're short on details, so I Karened em. Kidding, but I did politely explain why they're loaded. Both instances very unusual for me, and that tells me things are changing - 2020 is so dreamy
Old 09-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #9
Dead Parrot

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the Philippines complained to the local Pay-Pal / Ebay that there was something wrong with the item in an attempt to get a refund while keeping the paint gun. A lot of times the buyer is assumed to be correct while the seller gets the blame. Could be why you suddenly got the 'rubber hose' treatment by Pay-Pal. They could be trying to find some minor Terms of Service violation so they can pull the money out of your bank account. I have read horror stories of Pay-Pal/Ebay pulling a lot of money from someone's account because of some dispute. When they do that, you now have to fight with them while they are holding on to your money. That is one reason why I have never tied my bank account to Ebay/Pay-Pal. Just a credit card that still provides all the normal consumer credit protections that come with a CC.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #10
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the Philippines complained to the local Pay-Pal / Ebay that there was something wrong with the item in an attempt to get a refund while keeping the paint gun. A lot of times the buyer is assumed to be correct while the seller gets the blame. Could be why you suddenly got the 'rubber hose' treatment by Pay-Pal. They could be trying to find some minor Terms of Service violation so they can pull the money out of your bank account. I have read horror stories of Pay-Pal/Ebay pulling a lot of money from someone's account because of some dispute. When they do that, you now have to fight with them while they are holding on to your money. That is one reason why I have never tied my bank account to Ebay/Pay-Pal. Just a credit card that still provides all the normal consumer credit protections that come with a CC.
Good advice, though I only sent the package yesterday.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:08 AM   #11
shifty
Questionable

eBay and PayPal in general are killing me right now. I just gave up and stopped selling. eBay is taking tax on everything. Fees on every auction, it feels like buying and selling. There's a shipping tax or fee now. And then PayPal is milking vendors for fees, and I even got charged for sending someone money F&F recently.

Then, with eBay, they always side in favor of the buyer these days, even when the buyer has multiple extortion claims against them. 2 of the last 3 items I sold earlier this year the buyer tried to extort me for a partial refund for "problems" with the item. You have a choice: Pay to ship your item back and hope you get the same item back intact and working, let the buyer extort you for a partial refund, or reject their extortion attempt and risk having eBay take the money back and you lose the money and the item. It's very seller-hostile.

I'm over it.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:57 PM   #12
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
eBay and PayPal in general are killing me right now. I just gave up and stopped selling. eBay is taking tax on everything. Fees on every auction, it feels like buying and selling. There's a shipping tax or fee now. And then PayPal is milking vendors for fees, and I even got charged for sending someone money F&F recently.

Then, with eBay, they always side in favor of the buyer these days, even when the buyer has multiple extortion claims against them. 2 of the last 3 items I sold earlier this year the buyer tried to extort me for a partial refund for "problems" with the item. You have a choice: Pay to ship your item back and hope you get the same item back intact and working, let the buyer extort you for a partial refund, or reject their extortion attempt and risk having eBay take the money back and you lose the money and the item. It's very seller-hostile.

I'm over it.
That's just Bezos and that trying to get in on the action. Shut down all everything, shut down the small business, the common household, hobbyist like myself.

Paypal and I are currently in new rules mode. They say they have to do it because of regulations, blah blah blah. Now a message reads "suspicious activity". There's a link that reads we want even more info., but nothing populates, and their assistant feature unattended. Unreal.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:27 PM   #13
shifty
Questionable

Quote:
That's just Bezos and that trying to get in on the action. Shut down all everything, shut down the small business, the common household, hobbyist like myself.

Paypal and I are currently in new rules mode. They say they have to do it because of regulations, blah blah blah. Now a message reads "suspicious activity". There's a link that reads we want even more info., but nothing populates, and their assistant feature unattended. Unreal.
I moved to Venmo because I primarily do personal transactions, but I use it for person-to-person sales all the time, especially between board members and with vintage audio/bikes I rehab or restore. No fees. They're happy just holding your money for you and making a little residual while holding onto it. PayPal got greedy and bloated just like eBay.

Unfortunately Venmo hasn't integrated as well as PayPal and I think PayPal will keep it that way after they acquired Braintree, who acquired Venmo before that. I guess PayPal saw it coming, Venmo had the potential to give them a run for their money (sorry for the pun), so ... don't want competition? Buy your competitor. Another joy of capitalism.

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 01:20 PM   #14
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty View Post
I moved to Venmo because I primarily do personal transactions, but I use it for person-to-person sales all the time, especially between board members and with vintage audio/bikes I rehab or restore. No fees. They're happy just holding your money for you and making a little residual while holding onto it. PayPal got greedy and bloated just like eBay.

Unfortunately Venmo hasn't integrated as well as PayPal and I think PayPal will keep it that way after they acquired Braintree, who acquired Venmo before that. I guess PayPal saw it coming, Venmo had the potential to give them a run for their money (sorry for the pun), so ... don't want competition? Buy your competitor. Another joy of capitalism.
I'll look into that thank you, I agree fully too. So three weeks and nothing is resolved with Paypal. Just to summarize:

1. Mystery hold on my acct. They said something to the affect of "we're not sure you established the acct."...Say what? I've had the acct. 5-7 years now, suddenly I'm not genuine?

2. No phone contact, period. I've asked for a number talk to a human. Aint happening. Called to speak to an agent. Nope, you don't get that either, their automated system verbally rejects it.

3. Circle-jerk of requirements to remedy the "situation", which all lead to nothing. Just for example, they said they made two small deposits into my acct. to verify. That didn't happen, right acct. number, same I've always used, red flag.

4. One option asks I sign onto my bank account from the Paypal website. Nope, never before and never will.

5. Absolutely no response to the documentation I've provided them three weeks ago, other than message(s) it needs to be done yet, which is another link to nothing to accomplish.

Paypal is VERY SUSPICIOUS. If you read the community this and more have become their business model. The &&&&ers owe me money I can't even get. Seems a class action is pending, at least one.
Old 09-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #15
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

It's stories like this that make me glad I'm an old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud. No ebay, no paypal, none of that modern stuff. Heck, I think I'm pretty advanced just being on this board!
I almost never buy or sell, and when I pay for something it's with a personal check. That system has never failed me yet....

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #16
RustyPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
It's stories like this that make me glad I'm an old-fashioned stick-in-the-mud. No ebay, no paypal, none of that modern stuff. Heck, I think I'm pretty advanced just being on this board!
I almost never buy or sell, and when I pay for something it's with a personal check. That system has never failed me yet....
Me toooo.. I divorced myself from eBay years ago in the early '90s.. Never done a single Pay Pal transaction either as a buyer or seller.. I never put any personal information on the internet.. I almost never buy from individuals I don't know. If I can't talk to the seller on the phone and then pay with my credit card, that person/business doesn't get my business..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #17
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Well what do you know they lifted my restrictions, which was code it couldn't be used at all. Once was enough, I'm using something else.