The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
69 C10 LWB

3/4 Ton Conversion

Im currently on the hunt for a new truck and so far I havent had much luck finding what I want. When I was in school I had a 64 C20 and that was my favorite truck ever. I have been looking at C20s and C30s and all the ones I have looked at have been solid gold and out of my price range or so far gone Im amazed the duct tape is still able to hold the cab on.

I currently have a 1973 GMC 2500 with a good drivetrain. My plan was to strip this truck down so I would have disc brakes and possibly a V8.

Here is my question. I have a line on a 64 C10 shortbed that has been sitting. What is the difference between C10 and C20 frames? Is there any reason I cant take my front suspension and drivetrain and convert to 3/4 ton? I know most people go the other way but I like to be able to use my trucks as a truck if needed. I know I will have to change the perches on the axle but that would be easy. Anything other than stiffer springs and different axle out back?
69 C10 LWB is offline   Reply With Quote