The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
HAULIN' IT

Red truck in the background?

Any chance someone on here owns or knows who owns the Red Chevy in the background of this photo?

It was taken in 2012 @ Goodguys Lone Star Nationals -Texas Motor Speedway

I'm hoping to get in contact with the owner/builder of this Studebaker & looking at a few other photos (all trucks in a row) make me think maybe they all are in a truck club together. Thought this may be a good starting place?

Guys from Texas...Can you help me out? Thank You, Lorne

https://carsstuff.shutterfly.com/4704#4703
https://carsstuff.shutterfly.com/4704#4537
HAULIN' IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Red truck in the background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAULIN' IT View Post
Any chance someone on here owns or knows who owns the Red Chevy in the background of this photo?

It was taken in 2012 @ Goodguys Lone Star Nationals -Texas Motor Speedway

I'm hoping to get in contact with the owner/builder of this Studebaker & looking at a few other photos (all trucks in a row) make me think maybe they all are in a truck club together. Thought this may be a good starting place?

Guys from Texas...Can you help me out? Thank You, Lorne

https://carsstuff.shutterfly.com/4704#4703
https://carsstuff.shutterfly.com/4704#4537
its a 1945 from pictures I was able to find but no other info. It did not have any windshield stickers that I recognized as Texas reg stickers so it may be out of OK or LA or even AR.

Red AD's in Texas are like belly buttons. I know of three in my area one I built.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
MARTINSR

It sure looks like a nice truck!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Dan in Pasadena

Well, I'll say it:Whho cares about the AD? The Stude is the star of that first photo to me. Easily the nicest vintage Studebaker truck I've ever seen.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
Foot Stomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Well, I'll say it:Whho cares about the AD? The Stude is the star of that first photo to me. Easily the nicest vintage Studebaker truck I've ever seen.

You could put Demi Moore on a strippers pole in foregraound and the Stude would steal the show!

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #6
HAULIN' IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Exactly! I'm gathering you didn't read my post completely. I am wanting to get in contact with with Studebaker owner. Being a member here & seeing it parked next to the AD made me think that it couldn't hurt to put some feelers out here. Maybe they belong to a truck club together or something?

The main thing that makes that truck "correct" is that it has had an 1 3/4"-2 1/4" section removed from the grille, vertical panels under the hood & of course the cab...& I'm guessing the bottom of the doors (how I'm going to do mine). I have in the past years worked with photos, cutting & taping to get the "correct" proportions to build mine but had not seen anyone do one until I saw that photo. The truck has other mods that make it look great as well. The fenders have been widened & the body channeled closer to the running boards, but the section job IS what makes it correct.

I'm planning to move the headlamp outward a few inches on mine...more to flow with the outer grille areas. I want it to still look like a Stude, but slightly "better".

The M trucks are just too tall/thick from the bottom of the windows to the running boards. I've seen some attempts at altering the bed, raising it & adding metal to the bottom...but this just makes it all too thick.

Just hoping someone on here knows something to help. Take Care, Lorne
Old 02-12-2017, 10:23 PM   #7
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

HAULIN' IT, I'm a big Stude fan as well. Have any pics of yours?
The forum has a section: "Alternate Tinkerings" here: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/f...play.php?f=140 So, maybe start some progress pics there as well.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:45 PM   #8
mongocanfly
Post Whore

That stoode is a slick ride.

Last edited by mongocanfly; 02-12-2017 at 11:16 PM.
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:17 AM   #9
1project2many

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...debaker-Trucks

You can clearly see a row of Chevy trucks in the back including a cranberry colored '58 or '59 and an orange 5 window cab AD. Maybe taken earlier in the day as the red truck isn't there. Maybe the photo taker has more shots? Rear plate? Spoke with the owner??
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #10
d0zx

Did you see this post? Someone may know the owner..

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Star+Nationals
d0zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:00 AM   #11
HAULIN' IT

Thanks Guys! That's what I'm looking for...still not home yet, but getting closer. That one more side photo helps well. Something is "up" with the bed...it appears shorter than stock.
Maybe the right lead is near & I really don't NEED to talk to the owner. I was mostly interested in some other photos/views which with the help here, I'm getting.
The one Studebaker site I followed a bit has a terrible lay-out & at least to me...makes it hard to follow. Seems most guys on there are into 6 volt & kingpins. The thought of rodding something seems to raise blood pressure as well. NOT a place for me! I'll have to poke around the posted site a bit. Thank You!

Bowtie, Ironically I came home from the hospital after being born in a '57 Studebaker Commander. I guess from there, Well you know...

Sorry no photos at the moment of the M truck. It's jambed in the garage where it's been 35+ years...half covered with "non-auto" related life-stuff. It's the typical Green that they "all" are with just under 40,000 miles. It was last on the road in 1969. The motor & trans are long gone, but everything else is there. A bit rough, rusty & dried out, but very much "enough" to make into a cruiser.

I will post a build in the alternative tinkering section when I get something going. The plan is definatealy "alternative thinking"! I need to finish the turbo set-up I'm working on now for the wife's truck first & then I'll be getting after it. Take Care, Lorne
Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 AM   #12
mr48chev

I've seen the red truck or it's near twin in event coverage before but can't remember any more about it.

The more you look at the Studebaker the more sneaky little and extremely well thought mods you see on it. That's customizing done right when you can park it next to a show room stock truck and make the stock truck look like it has something wrong with it.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote