The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2015, 08:20 PM   #1
kippnidaho

1966 K10 SWB Sepside Goldie

Well here we go...
Bought the truck about a month ago from a gentleman who said he found it beside a chicken coop, buried in chicken sh*t and dirt. He spent some time on it cleaning it up a bit. Then put new brakes and exhaust. Elderbrock mainifold and carb. He then added the rally wheels and HEI. So some of the stock stuff is gone but seems to be pretty good shape except the normal rust areas. It runs great, I have put about 500 miles on it running around. Note the horse trailer behind it. ( Daughters wedding set up and dismantle hauling stuff with Goldie)
Odometer reads 79XXX miles on it which he was told are actual miles has not been rolled over.
Now what..
I think I will do a frame off and mechanical rebuild nothing wild just stock and seal it up and get rid of the rust and preserve it. Lots of inperation and information here I know I will need it.
A thank you to Captainfab for the once over on the truck, I sure I wil be using that valuable resource.
Anyway here is some current photographs before I start the tear down, I keep putting it off I love driving the truck...
Attached Images

1966 K10 SWB Stepside
2003 Jeep Rubicon
2011 Camaro SS Rag Top
kippnidaho is offline   Reply With Quote