The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
Texas Kraut

Need Help! Extra parts

I have a 1970 C20 that I am trying to restore as original as possible. I was replacing a damaged exhaust manifold and got carried away cleaning, painting, and at times replacing every imperfect part I could now reach and/or see. I tried to take good photos as I dismantled the left side of the original 350, but didn't do it well enough. There is a single green wire that was in original loom that ran through the clips affixed to the top of the left valve cover. It was not attached to anything as it came our toward the front of the engine compartment. there were two clips with bolt holes that this wire and loom were running through. I can't remember where they should go and don't know what this wire should be connected to. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've attached photos that I hope will help.
Attached Images

Texas Kraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:23 AM   #2
kwmech

Re: Need Help! Extra parts

Green wire goes to the sending unit in the side of the head between number 1 and 3
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:28 AM   #3
Texas Kraut

Re: Need Help! Extra parts

Thank you so much. I have a wire I removed from the sending unit. The previous owner must have rerouted it; therefore, I'll chase that one down and make sure it's done right. Any idea where those two clips go?
Texas Kraut is offline   Reply With Quote