The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
SamMargritz00

Bro got tboned, will insurance cover?

Hey, well about an hour ago my little brother and his friends were headed out to go swimming in the river and a farmer in a tractor pulled out of the field and hit his 99 half ton. my question is will his insurance cover the damages? but heres the kicker, about 1 1/2 years ago i was driving it and stopped at a stop light and got a$$ holed by a dodge going 55mph. The insurance company totalled it out and we fixed it ourselves with the money they gave us. with it already being totalled would he still get something out of it or is he totally screwed. it had the liability insurance on it.

thanks.

-Sam.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
thelonerife

Re: Bro got tboned, will insurance cover?

Not sure about a totaled truck but to me it looks like his insurance would fix it. They don't have to see your title or anything.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
thelonerife

And a police report helps
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #4
71swb4x4

If the farmer was at fault it's his insurance that should be paying. Not sure how they are insured but I assume if they are going to be on the highway they would want to be insured just in case something like this (or worse) happened.
If all your brother has is liability his insurance won't pay anything. It might kick in if he has uninsured motorist or comp and his insurance company determines that the accident falls under one of those.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
SamMargritz00

yeah the farmer came out onto the road and hit him. I'm a farmer myself and tractors have to be insured for this reason. i just didn't know if the guys insurance company would be the trouble.

but i gave my friend a call who is an agent and he said in the state of nebraska there isnt salvage titles anymore and that guys insurance would cover it....hopefully lol

if it does total out again he's thinking maybe get another pickup, but i don't see that it would be a hard fix if the cab isnt tweeked. i told him i call dibs on the wheels haha but i guess we'll see.

i thought it was a lot worse. i got a phone call and hauled butt to where he was thinking "he got hit by a tractor". no one was hurt.