The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
thelonerife

Thumbs up Chucks SWB Fleetside

I got the itch to start another project and started looking for some parts. I first found a frame for sale by a member and he also had a bed that had been part of his project so I got that too. I got Mike (fine 69) to bring it to me along with a cab that I bought from him. It came from AZ.
As for the plan for the truck I am still undecided on what front clip I want to put on it. It is going to look like a stripped down truck with somethings hidden. The cab is a 68 GMC. I'm not sure if I'm going that route yet. It is a very good cab with almost no rust just surface rust. The top of the roof has the paint worn off down to the brown primer as does some spots on the pillars and doors. The cab has a high hump so I won't have any issues with the 454.
The frame has a 73 and up front end on it and a 5 lug rear also. I haven't taken the cover off yet.
The bed consists of new bedsides and a nice tailgate and a headgate that I may or may not use..Haven't decided yet. It also has cross sills for a wood bed. I also have some stainless steel bedstrips coming from Dave that were left behind.
Heres some pics. I'll get more up asap.

Last edited by thelonerife; 12-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote