The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Livrat
Member #1049

Officially retired from 67-72 truck building

Woo Hoo! I am officially retiring from doing any more complete builds (but will occasionally take on metal fabrication and rust repairs).

After 35 years of buying/building/trading/parting/selling 67-72 GM trucks my very last truck ( a 69 SWB which I decided not to finish) was delivered to its new owner Friday (the maiden voyage for my new 18ft tilt deck trailer).

Now its time for me to start concentrating on the building of my own bucket list of cars/trucks.
Attached Images

Livrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
54blackhornet

Re: Officially retired from 67-72 truck building

You will be back !
Old 12-10-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

When I saw guys were coming taking loads of parts away and Mark bought your '68 GMC 4wd I asked him if you were getting out of trucks and he said "Yep". In a way surprised, because they have been in your life the way they have been in mine...forever. But I know you have old stuff waiting and I can relate. That's how I was ok with selling off so much of my stash. I have been stuck on these trucks while all my other interests have not been satisfied. I need a hot rod!!! I also love all the earlier GM trucks. I'm keeping my '72 4wd and going to build my '67 for keepers, at least at this point, and anything else will be earlier stuff. At least you have the vehicles in store already.

So this means you sold your Weekender? Are you keeping your wife's Blazer or did you sell that, too? Good luck with your projects fulfillment

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
67ctener

Very nice as usual mark ����
90 k2500
91 s10
#chevyonly
67ctener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quitter!!! HaHa

I transposed a couple numbers when I loaded them in to my new phone, that's why no caller ID. See you toward the end of the month with some freezer bags.

Thanks for everything you do ... really really!!

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #6
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Its a sad day, but congratulations. I hope you will still hang on the board once in awhile and share your knowledge.
And remember, if you find the "one" I am looking for, I can still make a road trip...
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #7
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
You will be back !
They always come back
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:18 PM   #8
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

I'm curious, what's on your bucket list?

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Good deal Mark. I am getting closer too. I will be 75 the day after Christmas and there are a few things non-truck related I want to accomplish while I am still in good health.

Keep us posted on what you are working on. There is the Alternate Tinkering forum and good old GD to post up your projects.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Good deal Mark. I am getting closer too. I will be 75 the day after Christmas and there are a few things non-truck related I want to accomplish while I am still in good health.

Keep us posted on what you are working on. There is the Alternate Tinkering forum and good old GD to post up your projects.

LockDoc
You haven't posted on the longhorn in a while. Did you sell it? I understand wanting to get other things done. I'm starting my third cycle of chemo tomorrow. Doing great but it makes ya think a bit. So far filling my time off work doing one of my hobbies.....cooking...don't call me names but I enjoy it and my girlfriend says she loves coming home to a great smelling house. All though she said she needs a diet....lol.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #11
Jeff's bowtie's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
You haven't posted on the longhorn in a while. Did you sell it? I understand wanting to get other things done. I'm starting my third cycle of chemo tomorrow. Doing great but it makes ya think a bit. So far filling my time off work doing one of my hobbies.....cooking...don't call me names but I enjoy it and my girlfriend says she loves coming home to a great smelling house. All though she said she needs a diet....lol.
I'm with you Dale on getting other things done back in 2011 I went through 6 cycles of chemo I'd get admitted on a Tuesday afternoon and they would start the chemo around 6 pm that evening and would continue around the clock till Saturday evening at 10:00 pm then would drive an hour home. All is well now and I hope all goes well with you. During the chemo cycles it definitely gives you plenty of time to rethink a lot of life's situations
Jeff's bowtie's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff's bowtie's View Post
I'm with you Dale on getting other things done back in 2011 I went through 6 cycles of chemo I'd get admitted on a Tuesday afternoon and they would start the chemo around 6 pm that evening and would continue around the clock till Saturday evening at 10:00 pm then would drive an hour home. All is well now and I hope all goes well with you. During the chemo cycles it definitely gives you plenty of time to rethink a lot of life's situations
Thanks Jeff, I had the same cancer ten years ago and chemo almost killed me. The technology is way better now and I'm feeling ok thus far. I've done almost 40 hrs so far...woo hoo!! Thanks for your concern.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-10-2017, 11:00 PM   #13
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Once you're settled in Libby I've got a map to share that'll direct you to some trucks you won't be able to resist Best wishes. I've got a nice cluster of yours in one truck and seat belts in another - will be thinking of you. Thanks for the help with my builds Mark

And best wishes to you guys receiving chemo - hang in there!

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #14
Livrat
Member #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54blackhornet View Post
You will be back !
LOL, I'm not going anywhere, I just no longer have any 67-72 GM trucks or the motivation of doing any more complete builds other than my own. (I always seemed to build vehicles for others but none for me, now its time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
When I saw guys were coming taking loads of parts away and Mark bought your '68 GMC 4wd I asked him if you were getting out of trucks and he said "Yep". In a way surprised, because they have been in your life the way they have been in mine...forever. But I know you have old stuff waiting and I can relate. That's how I was ok with selling off so much of my stash. I have been stuck on these trucks while all my other interests have not been satisfied. I need a hot rod!!! I also love all the earlier GM trucks. I'm keeping my '72 4wd and going to build my '67 for keepers, at least at this point, and anything else will be earlier stuff. At least you have the vehicles in store already.

So this means you sold your Weekender? Are you keeping your wife's Blazer or did you sell that, too? Good luck with your projects fulfillment
Tim, Yes they are all gone, I traded off the Weekender a few years ago for a 1987 Harley FXSTC and had since sold it. The wife sold her Blazer 3 years ago, paid off some bills, took some continuing education and purchased a Cummins powered 1998 Dodge Quad cab shorty 4x4 with the proceeds.

I too feel the same of being stuck on these trucks for 35 years while my other interests got set aside, Actually I was totally "sidetracked" by them taking me away from my "roots" of being a Mopar and Studebaker guy, I remember the exact day it happened. At the time my daily driver was a 70 440 6 Pack Cuda. I had decided I needed a truck and happened go to an Abandoned vehicle auction and there sat a County Orange 67 short stepside with a 327/powerglide, bought it for $35, took it home, got it running, drove it a couple of days and thought that little 327 wasn't up to my HP needs, I then bought a 435 HP 427 with a T400, stuffed it in and went.. WOO HOO a hotrod!/
The real addiction started when I needed a few things for the stepside and went off to another auction and purchased a 68 C10 with a 396 that was hit in the nose for $25, drug it home thinking of using it for parts for the stepside but upon further inspection I thought to myself, wow... this truck is too nice to part out as it only needs a front clip, so off to another auction purchased another 68 for parts, removed the items I needed then posted an add in the nickel want adds. within a week it was picked clean like a turkey at thanksgiving by parts scroungers, I thought to myself hmmmm that was fast!! That began a 35 year career/hobby of buying/building/scrapping/parting/selling of over 400 67-72's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Its a sad day, but congratulations. I hope you will still hang on the board once in awhile and share your knowledge.
And remember, if you find the "one" I am looking for, I can still make a road trip...
Eric, I still am addicted to at least reading the board to see what everyone is up too. I still consider everyone here part of my extended family, I will definitely keep an eye out for the "one" you a looking for.

Quote:
I'm curious, what's on your bucket list?
#1.. Finish up my 2013 Caprice 6.0 Liter L77, PPV (police patrol vehicle) then sell it.
#2.. Rebuild my Cummins powered 1992 Dodge 1 ton Dually 4X4
#3.. Build my Supercharged 1953 Studebaker Lowboy coupe
#4.. Build my 1933 Studebaker 5 window coupe
As you can see I still have enough projects to keep me going for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-

LockDoc
Leon, I will definitely post up on the Alternate Tinkering of what I am doing,
By the way, Happy pre-birthday!

Last edited by Livrat; 12-11-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:50 PM   #15
Livrat
Member #1049

Quote:
Dale, Best wishes on the Chemo, I can not even imagine what it must be like,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Once you're settled in Libby I've got a map to share that'll direct you to some trucks you won't be able to resist Best wishes. I've got a nice cluster of yours in one truck and seat belts in another - will be thinking of you. Thanks for the help with my builds Mark

And best wishes to you guys receiving chemo - hang in there!
Pete, You are most welcome, But PLEASE feel free to share that map with others, I know I can resist..Can't I??? LOL
Old 12-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #16
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I was re-reading this thread. Mark you are the first person I interacted with on this board. First person I bought stuff from. First person that helped me out with goofy questions. First person that did work for me that I just didn't have the skill set to do myself. You are always there for me when I give you a call. In my view you are probably the most knowledgeable person on this board when it comes to our trucks. Ok, and Mopars, and Studebakers haha!

I'm glad you will still be out there for all of us to pick your brain.

My granddaughter was here when you called the other day. Who was that grandpa? It was my friend Mark. Remember he was the one we visited that had all the snow on the ground? Oh yeah ... He's the guy that has two dogs, one with my name and one with my brothers name! Lol, yep, that's the one.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #17
STP67-72

I understand completely!! It's going through my head also. I would hate for my wife to have to figure out what to do with 25-35 years worth of parts etc. much less a dozen trucks. Good luck on next journey !!!
68 Chevy swb fleet (Lola)
68 Chevy swb fleet
71 Chevy swb fleet ( future PB project)

97 crew cab power stroke
07 SS Trail blazer
STP67-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #18
randy500
Account Suspended

Congrats on your retirement and pursuit of your real interests!
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #19
68Gold/white

You only live once!!!

Get your stuff done AND enjoy them!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #20
Ol Blue K20

Your bucket list looks like fun. Enjoy it!

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 12-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #21
lks dcvn

You have put together some great trucks/blazers in the years I have been part of the board. Sad to see you are getting out of these trucks - you are leaving large shoes to fill.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #22
Husker

Enjoy Truck retirement. Nice looking Truck by the way.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM   #23
special-K
Special Order

Man, I would have traded my Harley for that Weekender. I got sidetracked on them the way I did because I needed trucks to make a living. I had a few other cool vehicles in those years. But as a hobby I want to build hot rods. I hope to see you post something or other here from time to time. I'd still like to get out the area one day. Who knows.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 AM   #24
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Glad to have got to meet you Mark and take a truck off your hands. That 1972 C25 has spread parts all over the place here in Western WA. Not to mention all the parts it got me for my C15 rebuild.

Thank you for all the help and encouragement over the phone when I had questions about cutting out rust and welding in new panels in my rig. You are a lifesaver!

Take care buddy. Looking forward when we can meet up again someday.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:22 AM   #25
67chevemall

You will be back

I lasted 6 months
67chevemall is offline   Reply With Quote